• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors- nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons Solicitors- nightmare

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
    In the worse case scenario that my partner co-signed this car agreement and his ex wife made payments up to 2012 ,could he still ask for a settlement figure, or is it too late and now solely in the hands of the courts
    Hello,

Yes he can certainly make an offer in full and final settlement but care is needed in the structure of an offer.

nem

Comment

In the worse case scenario that my partner co-signed this car agreement and his ex wife made payments up to 2012 ,could he still ask for a settlement figure, or is it too late and now solely in the hands of the courts
      May i ask a question which hasnt as yet been asked? That is, it seems this is a joint credit agreement, as you say your partner co signed it, therefore may i ask if the Claimant has only sued your partner? or is it a joint claim against both parties?

Theres a very good statutory reason i ask, and one which may well cause Restons a headache or two
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

My partner does not have a clue sadly. His memory is poor and although he remembers his wife buying a car on credit he doesnt know the ins and outs. at present we are awaiting responses from the CCA letter and the other letter we sent to Cabot and Restons, we are awaiting the outcome of that in order to file his defence for the court.

Comment

My partner does not have a clue sadly. His memory is poor and although he remembers his wife buying a car on credit he doesnt know the ins and outs. at present we are awaiting responses from the CCA letter and the other letter we sent to Cabot and Restons, we are awaiting the outcome of that in order to file his defence for the court.
          That's one good reason for sending the SAR to The Funding Corp.
          You get all of the relevant data from the horses mouth.
          Link to template as follows:
          http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ur-information
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            That's one good reason for sending the SAR to The Funding Corp.
            You get all of the relevant data from the horses mouth.
            Link to template as follows:
            http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ur-information
            I
            dealt with the funding corp many years ago when i was with Watsons, they were a nightmare back then, but from my memory there were undisclosed commissions paid in the cases i dealt with, so well worth getting a SAR off to them as Charitynjw says
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
              well worth getting a SAR off to them as Charitynjw says
              I agree, and hopefully the OP has already sent a SAR to The Funding Corporation when advised to a couple of weeks ago

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
              The SAR goes to the original creditor (The Funding Corporation).

Send everything Royal Mail Recorded Delivery so you've got proof of posting and the letters' arrival.

Di

Comment

What are 'undisclosed commissions' also the letter says they have forty days to respond but the case will have come and gone in the court by then

Comment

HELP urgently needed , Cabot returned our postal order and said we had to deal with Restons and send the postal order to them. So we have paid for recorded delivery and a useless postal order and they have abdicated responsibility even though they are the Claiment on the case. What now? We have sent a copy of the Cabot letter to Restons but have heard nothing from them yet. Surely Cabot have a record of all this still and would have the original CCA? I would have thought only a copy would have gone to Restons

Comment

Need Help Urgently re Restons/Cabot

HELP urgently needed , after advice on here ,we posted a postal order and CCA letter to Cabot as the claiment and a copy to Restons with the CPR.Cabot returned our postal order and said we had to deal with Restons and send the postal order to them. So we have paid for recorded delivery and a useless postal order and they have abdicated responsibility even though they are the Claiment on the case.(it has gone to court) What now? We have sent a copy of the Cabot letter to Restons with the CPR but have heard nothing from them yet. Surely Cabot have a record of all this still and would have the original CCA? I would have thought only a copy would have gone to Restons

All details of this are in my thread on the Welcome forum. I need to know what to do now.

Comment

Re: Need Help Urgently re Restons/Cabot

Check your dates || First Steps

- - - Updated - - -

keep to one thread please gets confusing

Comment

Apologies but i need a reply

Comment

doubt they have ther= CCA1974 as all they get when bought is a list of names address and amount owed/.

- - - Updated - - -

what date was the N1 court form dated? others will be along later or early morning do not panic

- - - Updated - - -
                          [MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]M [MENTION=1937]nemisis[/MENTION]45

Comment

HELP urgently needed , after advice on here ,we posted a postal order and CCA letter to Cabot as the claiment and a copy to Restons with the CPR.Cabot returned our postal order and said we had to deal with Restons and send the postal order to them. So we have paid for recorded delivery and a useless postal order and they have abdicated responsibility even though they are the Claiment on the case.(it has gone to court) What now? We have sent a copy of the Cabot letter to Restons with the CPR but have heard nothing from them yet. Surely Cabot have a record of all this still and would have the original CCA? I would have thought only a copy would have gone to Restons

All details of this are in my thread on the Welcome forum. I need to know what to do now.
                            So you made a statutory request to Cabot and they refused to honour it? Well it seems this may be reportable to the FCA as its a breach of the FCA handbook

I havent had the chance to look at your thread but have you filed an acknowledgment of the Claim? and have you filed a Defence?

Comment

Yes we filed the acknowledgment and then sent the pound and the letter to cabot with a copy to restons with the CPR. Cabot have said that they do not have the paperwork and that restons now have the details of the case as they are acting for them. They returned our postal order but took ten days and time is elapsing and restons probably wont have fourteen days because the time for filing the defence will run out

Comment

Yes we filed the acknowledgment and then sent the pound and the letter to cabot with a copy to restons with the CPR. Cabot have said that they do not have the paperwork and that restons now have the details of the case as they are acting for them. They returned our postal order but took ten days and time is elapsing and restons probably wont have fourteen days because the time for filing the defence will run out
                                I assume it is a s.77/78 request made under the consumer credit act? The 12 working days ( not weekends/bank holidays they have to comply with the request runs from the time of what is called "deemed service". If you posted it on a Monday by 1st class post it is deemed served on the Wednesday. There turn of your postal order is an irrelevance. Cabot are still deemed served and after expiry of the 12 working days are in breach of s.77/78 CCA and not able to enforce. That in itself is a good defence to have at this stage!

It is irrelevant that they have forwarded the request to Restons to deal with - it doesn't extend the statutory time limits.

You seem to have also made a CPR request as well to Restons direct. Was that made under CPR 31.14? If so they have seven days to comply from deemed service. Did you ask for an extension of time for filing the defence as part of the request?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X