• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED!!** Lowell court letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell court letter

Thanks

Comment

So my daughter got a call from the court about mediation 5th of April. She explained she had no documentation from Lowell and they said it wasn't suitable for mediation and it would be returned to court. She hasn't heard anything since, what happens next ?

Thanks

Comment

It will be at your daughters local court now and they should write to her with a date for the hearing ( and for exchange of documents ) They do normally do that within a couple of weeks so it may well be worth a quick call to the court to check the status of the claim.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks nothing yet, does it normally take this long, I thought they discontinued it if nothing was received, I'll tell her to call .

Comment

Daughter has just received her court letter and unfortunately we are away and she is terrified ! It says it's been allocated to the smalls claims track and Lowell must pay £25 by 4pm 7th June or it will be discontinued. Court date 7 July. It says bring all paperwork so I presume in D case it will be all the letters she has sent requesting the information she has never received ?

Comment

No need to be terrified. You still haven't received anything from them have you with regards the credit agreement etc ?

See if they pay the fee - sometimes they do, sometimes they discontinue or get struck out - sometimes push it all the way to Witness Statements without having produced any information. When does your letter say exchange of Witness Statements needs to be done by (check page 2 of the letter) or is it simply bring on the day ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks Amethyst and everyone else who has supported us through this.

D got a letter from Lowell Saturday, saying they had notified the court they were not continuing and they were closing the case...I presume that is the end of that ....thanks again

Comment

Notice of Discontinuance you mean??

Comment

Yes

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Thanks to you too Mike x

Comment

Well done, hyperglad.

I bet you are.....hyperglad?

I'll give [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] a nudge.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: **DISCONTINUED!!** Lowell court letter

Yes it was such a relief especially given D court date was while we were away

Comment

Ahhhh fabulous news well done you !
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X