• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED!!** Lowell court letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **DISCONTINUED!!** Lowell court letter

Hi
    My daughter received a letter from the county court business centre on Saturday issue date 26 Jan, claimant Lowell Portfolio , original IKano bank. She thinks it was for a store card about 4 yrs ago which had high interest but she isn't really sure. After reading threads here she has been on the website and acknowledged service and is going to send the template letters this week. Just starting a thread for when we need advice, which I am sure we will.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell court letter

Hi hyperglad & welcome to LB.

Feel free to ask any questions etc.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi hyperglad & welcome to LB.

Feel free to ask any questions etc.
      Thanks, I am sure I will have to further down the line ��

Comment

Hi
        I have now prepared the letters to send but I am unsure what date to put for the defence?
        Thanks

Comment

My daughter has now received a letter from Lowell saying 'we confirm receipt for a copy of your credit agreement. A CC claim has been issued 26Jan you should read and fully reply to the claim. We note your intentions to defend the account will be placed on hold until we have received documents from IKano re the account opened 2008. We enclose a letter of assignment dated 2014. The deed will not be sent as it is a confidential document.
          What do we do next please?

Comment

Hi hyperglad.

Their 'on hold' letter is piffle.
            They have issued a court claim & so have to stick to court deadlines.
            As do you.
            If they have not complied with your requests for documentation (esp the CCA request) you'll need to file an appropriate defence within 33 days of the claim issue date.
            & re a Deed of Assignment.....it's for the court to decide whether it's commercially sensitive, not them!
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply....what do we base the defence on and when and how do we do it?
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by hyperglad View Post
                Thanks for the quick reply....what do we base the defence on
                http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...t-Court-Claims
                and when
                you'll need to file an appropriate defence within 33 days of the claim issue date.
                and how do we do it?
                Via MCOL, or email to court as an attachment, or by land mail (SignedFor), allowing 2 working days for post.
                Cheers
                ####
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks again, should we as then for more time ?

Comment

concentrate here what date was the claim made on?

- - - Updated - - -

if it was 26th Jan then 28 February is the latest to submit defence usually by 4 p.m. the day before and not earlier to stop them getting wind of your defence contents

Comment

Defence Example

you can start and amend until; you have to send to MCOL help on here should be available once to start they can see any faults in it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by hyperglad View Post
                        Thanks again, should we as then for more time ?
                        At this stage of the game, any extension of time is of no benefit to you, but it is to the Claimant.
                        If you have sent the LB forum CCA & CPR letters, the CPR letter does invite them to agree an extension.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          concentrate here what date was the claim made on?

- - - Updated - - -

if it was 26th Jan then 28 February is the latest to submit defence usually by 4 p.m. the day before and not earlier to stop them getting wind of your defence contents
                          So I will need to submit it before or about 4pm on 27th ?
                          Thanks

Comment

Comment

Thanks..... the debt was transferred from Ikano Bank, my daughter is not even sure what it relates to (as it was 2008) but thinks it may have been a store card. She was living with her Fiancée at the time and when they spilt she came back home, hence why she hasn't had any correspondence. What should we put on the defence letter about what it was relating to?

What is the statute of limitations I have heard people mention around length of time ?

Thanks again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X