• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claims company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI claims company

I have replied to the Legal ombudsman querying how can I seek further redress as I don’t agree with her decision

Comment

I just saw. It was a fair point you made about not complaining straight away as you thought the increased invoice meant that you'd get more compensation. However even if you win on that point the most they'd award is a few hundred. It's tough to argue the 30% when you signed the LoA with 39% + VAT.

Comment

I appealed the oginal ombudsmans decision, the second ombudsman agreed Harrington’s provided a poor service by issuing conflicting invoices and amounts BUT he feels that the £200 goodwill they deducted from my bill is adequate, I have refused to accept his finding and am taking it further with legal ombudsman

Comment

Originally posted by Billy blue View Post
          I appealed the oginal ombudsmans decision, the second ombudsman agreed Harrington’s provided a poor service by issuing conflicting invoices and amounts BUT he feels that the £200 goodwill they deducted from my bill is adequate, I have refused to accept his finding and am taking it further with legal ombudsman
          Ok can you send me the decision?

Comment

Just to give you a heads up, Harringtons have had their claims management license cancelled.

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...authID=&sector

Also their accounts are overdue https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07933572

So it's possible that they might put the company into adminstration. Of course if that happens it doesn't mean you're not still liable as the administrators would still have a claim but just letting you know.

It might be worth letting the Ombudsman know about the license being cancelled (which came into effect on 22 December so possibly before you got the adjudication from the Ombudsman) and ask if that has any effect.

Comment

Hi so after hearing nothing from Harrington’s in almost a year they are now sending texts
              1st text :Unfortunately the account has been noted as Refusal to Pay. Execution of Warrant will commence forthwith, commencing from 6am tomorrow. Please be aware additional costs will now be incurred.

CALL NOW 01615030785

2nd text: Do you need payment options? We can help! Call 01615030785 for details on your overdue account balance. Our hours are Mon-Fri 9am-6pm. Harrington's advisory

as Of Yet I havnt replied

Comment

Hmmmm - their authorisation was cancelled after the investigation - see https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/details.aspx/29496

They were going to appeal but didn't... there's a thread somewhere I'll try find it.

Appeal withdrawn

On 22 December 2017, the First-Tier Tribunal (General Regulatory Chamber) consented to the application made by Harringtons Advisory Ltd to withdraw its appeal against the Regulator’s decision. The cancellation of its authorisation is now in effect.
                What 'execution of warrant' have they obtained a CCJ against you at all ?

The number seems right https://www.tellows.co.uk/num/01615030785

No don't reply to them.

I would though check your credit file just to be sure there aren't any CCJ's against you from them.

If the Ombudsman decision went against you and you have a final adjudication against you they could have applied to court to enforce that decision. So it would be useful to know what happened there.

They also had Harringtons Debt Solutions which has been Dissolved. Harringtons Advisory hasn't been dissolved yet.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X