• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Attachment of earnings order (fake?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment of earnings order (fake?)

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me with the following...

I have received an attachment of earnings order, allegedly from Basildon County Court. A few things are making me question its authenticity.

Firstly there's no court stamp. Above my name and address is the title 'judgement debtor', but this has been blacked out by a pen. There are also lots of spelling mistakes. Judgement is spelt judgment incorrectly 8 times on the letter.

Don't really know where to go with this. The creditor mentioned is Cabot, and Mortimer Clarke solicitors is the address for payment.

Many thanks in advance for your time and advice.

LI
    Tags: None

Re: Attachment of earnings order (fake?)

Are you employed PATE if si has your employer got the order to pay

Comment

I don't really want to make my employer aware of anything, that is potentially fake tbh. I just think that the errors in the form, lack of court stamp, and the title judgement debtor having been redacted has the hallmarks of a fake...

Comment

You will have to contact the Court no other way of knowing if its fake or real

Comment

Been trying this approach. Just met with an endlessly ringing phone

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone else had received a letter in the sane style as mine and had been able to confirm its authenticity?

Comment

Judgment is the correct spelling. Why not phone the court?

Comment

I have tried phoning the court lots of times, it just rings, and rings and rings...

Comment

Can you get to the court?

Comment

Sadly not. It's 120 miles away from me...

Comment

Originally posted by Legally inept View Post
                    I have tried phoning the court lots of times, it just rings, and rings and rings...
                    Check below to see whether you are using the right telephone number. If you cannot make contact..then you need to email the court. In the subject box you need to state the following: URGENT ENQUIRY RE: ATTACHMENT OF EARNINGS ORDER.

https://courttribunalfinder.service....combined-court

Comment

Originally posted by Legally inept View Post
                      I don't really want to make my employer aware of anything, that is potentially fake tbh. I just think that the errors in the form, lack of court stamp, and the title judgement debtor having been redacted has the hallmarks of a fake...
                      Was the following form attached to the letter from the Court?

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j...k/n056-eng.pdf

Comment

Thank you for the information. I have tried the number, and again it just rings continuously...

I have sent them an email now

Thank you

Comment

Yes that form was attached. Under section 6 where it says Do not include any payments made by other members of the household, the phrase 'Do not' has been redacted

Comment

Should the back of the AOE form be filled in by the court, mine is blank

Comment

Had an email back from the court, it is genuine. I'm assuming they were granted a CCJ just shy of 6 years, as it's an old debt around the time my home was repossessed. Thank you for all of your help guys, great website!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X