• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hi im new here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi im new here

hi every one my names wendy not to clever on the computer its taken me almost 10 mins to figure how to say hi but it feels comforting to no im not the only person at my wits end,

I have recently seperated from my husband june 2016 and left with water bill £2,000 house loan £5,000 council tax arrears £7,000 a mortgage £56,000 left, I have struggled to pay what I have but it seems that the more I pay the more I owe, the interest on mortgage and house loan keeps going up and up the bailiffs are abusive threatening, the only money I get is £45 pw income support and £248 per month care allowance for my daughter is there any one who can give me advice but i can only deal with 1 issue at a time as i get confused easily thank you

Last edited by wendymaggs; 30th January 2017, 01:10:AM. Reason: added my debt
    Tags: None

Re: hi im new here

Hi wendy and welcome, can understand you get confused as this must also be very upsetting for you.
    As a carer for my daughter myself I may be able to help a little on that score.
    Firstly have you advised the council , mortgage company etc of the situation?
    The bailiffs situation , more on that please.
    Your water bill, you must speak with the water company and explain the situation, they should be able to help you and they have a code of practice to adhere to when doing so.
    Council Tax, that is a large amount to be in arrears with in my opinion and to be helped with that you will have to give more info on it so will leave that for now.
    Your council tax should be looked at again though as a carer you should be discounted and depending on the age of your daughter she may be discounted too. more on that if you need.
    Presuming the mortgage and loan are in joint names? someone else is beter than I to help you on that score.
    You need a full benefit check imo you can get a rough idea by going through this https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Find-Benefits-Grants, if you are struggling get in touch with your local CAB or Welfare officer to help with any forms etc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X