• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce and money/pension - clueless!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce and money/pension - clueless!!!

Hello,
    I'm going through a bit of a tricky divorce. My husband had an affair and left me a while back. He petitioned for divorce. The family home is in my name and the house doesn't have a mortgage (worth about £250,000.00). He has a private pension worth about £220,000.00 and his state pension is worth about £50,000.00. He has retired but doesn't draw from either pension. He has moved out and is renting and living off savings worth in excess of £130,000.00.
    All in he has assets of c.£400,000.00 and all I have is the house and a personal account with about £10,000.00.
    We have a hearing coming up. I have had legal advice on the position but I don't understand what I am entitled to and whether it's as simple as a 50/50 split - if so, then I keep the house and get half of his pensions and savings (minus half of what the house is worth)
    Does that sound correct - or are there issues over whether the pensions are actually available? Is it possible that I could have to sell the house and give him half the money and only get half of his savings in return??
    Many thanks in advance - anything that you can offer as help is much appreciated.
    No clue at all!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Divorce and money/pension - clueless!!!

If there's a family home does this mean there are children involved?

Di

Comment

Thanks Di, no children involved (well - there are but they've all left home now and are all married).

Comment

Hi
        I'm currently going through this process and have completed form E, court form, which documents all income assets and debts, I suggest you start there and your ex will have to complete this too

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X