• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Summary of future events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summary of future events

Hi all,

Apologies again for my ignorance but with the next Court hearing imminent there seems to be quite a lot happening in the next couple of months.

Could anyone correct my mis-understanding of what I think will be happening!!!

Monday - Wednesday next week a Court hearing to decide if Historical Terms and Conditions are subject to UTCCR and are considered to be unfair penalties - I'm thinking that we want the Court to rule yes on both??

End of July another Court hearing (CMC) to discuss how to proceed with what will have been decided at the hearing next week?

Next week, the FSA to update on whether Hardship claims where charges of £500 per year have been incurred will be considered Hardship and thus can be re-opened (if thats the best term)? At the same time will any update be given on whether the Waiver will continue??

In the next couple of weeks the OFT to publish reports on PCA investigation and a Market Study. What is the difference / relevance between the two and what are we hoping for??

Sometime in August a decision on whether the Banks have been successful in their Appeal of the judgement handed down in May?

July 14 2017 - having taken exactly 10 years since the test case was announced - a final decision!!!!

Would appreciate clarification of any of the above by some of the more learned members on the site

Thx

shazza

Re: Summary of future events

Originally posted by Shazzaw View Post
    Hi all,

Apologies again for my ignorance but with the next Court hearing imminent there seems to be quite a lot happening in the next couple of months.

Could anyone correct my mis-understanding of what I think will be happening!!!

Monday - Wednesday next week a Court hearing to decide if Historical Terms and Conditions are subject to UTCCR and are considered to be unfair penalties - I'm thinking that we want the Court to rule yes on both??

It's more likely that the judgment won't be made during the hearing but sometime after - the OFT told me as much.

End of July another Court hearing (CMC) to discuss how to proceed with what will have been decided at the hearing next week?

I'm hoping this is the case. As with the previous CMC, it followed a judgment.

Next week, the FSA to update on whether Hardship claims where charges of £500 per year have been incurred will be considered Hardship and thus can be re-opened (if thats the best term)? At the same time will any update be given on whether the Waiver will continue??

I doubt whether any announcment on changes to the waiver conditions will be made until it is renewed on 26 July.

In the next couple of weeks the OFT to publish reports on PCA investigation and a Market Study. What is the difference / relevance between the two and what are we hoping for??

The market study will cover the competitivness of the market and price transparency. The PCA investigation will decide if the charges are actually fair. Then it will go to consultation with the banks to set a fair level of charge.

Sometime in August a decision on whether the Banks have been successful in their Appeal of the judgement handed down in May?

The appeal hearing will be around November

July 14 2017 - having taken exactly 10 years since the test case was announced - a final decision!!!!

I flippin hope not Shazza! I reckon spring next year.

Would appreciate clarification of any of the above by some of the more learned members on the site

Thx

shazza
    No probs

Comment

Massive thanks EXC - was kinda hoping you'd be able to clarify!!

Looking forward to receiving your updates next week - hope it's enjoyable for you.

Shazza

Comment

Originally posted by Shazzaw View Post
        Massive thanks EXC - was kinda hoping you'd be able to clarify!!

Looking forward to receiving your updates next week - hope it's enjoyable for you.

Shazza
        You're welcome. I'm away for a couple of weeks on Thursday so I'll probably miss the CMC but I'm sure Budgie will cover it for us.

Comment

Here's hoping as I know that of all of the thousands of claimants out there it seems to be down to two people - yourself and Budgie - that will actually attend the hearings. Still find it unbelievable that no-one from OTR attend and are purely reliant on your updates to post on their site.

Have a good hols.

shazza

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X