• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What can I buy a newborn baby without breaking the bank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I buy a newborn baby without breaking the bank?

My sister-in-law has just had a beautiful baby girl. She's already inundated with flowers and babygrows. I'd like to buy presents for the mother and the baby that won't break the bank. What ideas do readers have that I can use to mark the occasion?

More...

Re: What can I buy a newborn baby without breaking the bank?

Buy the parents a bottle of Whiskey. Perfect for sending the kid to sleep when belted around the head, and then you can relax with a bit of alcohol at the end and work out in a drunken moment why you'll never have one again!

ps - why do people never have ugly children? Was Gordon Brown a beautiful bouncing boy?

(for those who don't know me I have two children lol)

Comment

Re: What can I buy a newborn baby without breaking the bank?

pmsl ed

A timely gift
      The best gift for the mother is some of your time - perhaps to help with housework - to let her spend more time and energy on the baby in the first few months.
      S Henderson, London

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Theres nothing worse than an interfering busybody picking through your dirty linen and washing up while ur trying to breast feed a new baby - the lovely gift of 'time' is probably offered by Mother-in-law bringing her bucket round tutting and father-in-law enjoying watching your attempts to get baby to latch a little too much.

Send a card, some flowers, and for at least the first few days STAY AWAY.

Only very very bestest friends should give the gift of time.

Gifts form the east
      Gold, frankincense and myrrh aren't very expensive in small quantities. If they're good enough for mythical superbeings they're good enough for baby relatives.
      Jigen, from guardian.co.uk/money

hehe

Page turners
      Books of course. Either pick a child's book whose plot means a lot to you both, or go down to your local book-shop and pick a new hardback first edition with wonderful illustrations that may turn into an heirloom. When baby gets older, go and read the books to him/her yourself.
      Margaret Squires, Fife

Thats a good idea...

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X