• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Saffy's OH v Marbles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saffy's OH v Marbles

Hiya,

Himself has had a Marbles card for a few years and the balance was £8.5k, it was placed with Restons, they managed to gain a second charge on our house for this (long before I knew any better that letting them do it), and since then we have had an agreement to pay £50 month which we have paid diligently, in fact on more than one occassion have paid a lot more than was agreed and have got the balance down to £6988.42.
    Because of the way we've been paying etc I've have built up quite a rappor with a Mr Rimmer who works there and he's been quite helpful along the way if we have had a problem or whatever.
    So its come as quite a surprise that today we have received a letter from Marlin Financial Services, giving Notice of Assignment, stating that we need to contact them immediately to discuss the account etc.
    Hmmmmmm me thinks I don't really want to go through all this negotiating monthly payments etc again I'll phone the nice Mr Rimmer who informs me:

'I shouldn't really tell you this saffy, but its been sold on to them'

'how much for says I'

'Oh at a rough guess 8p-20p in the pound' says he

Hmmmmm now does anyone know how we stand on this, will they accept a full and final settlement (at a greatly reduced balance of course), bearing in mind that they have the charge on the house. It would be nice to perhaps be able to get this in the paid off file.

Re: Saffy's OH v Marbles

offer them 20p/£ and see what they say lol

Comment

It is acceptable for the OC, or solicitors in this case, to sell a judgemented debt, whether it is right is a seperate question entirely.

Now what was the payments from the original judgement, as Marlin cannot change them without more court action ?
      Also are you in a position to make an F&F based on this information ?
      I'd start with 5p/£.

Comment

Might have known you'd say that Stevo, although its very tempting to do so, but what I am really concerned about is the charge on the house, shame really because thats all thats stopping me doing it.

Comment

I have letters here to say that they accept £50 monthly, will they do, or is it the court letters we need (think I may have filed them in the shredder, but I can have a search).
          If we did get them to accept a full and final would they then have to show the charge on the house as 'settled' and therefore have to remove it?

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
            I have letters here to say that they accept £50 monthly, will they do, or is it the court letters we need (think I may have filed them in the shredder, but I can have a search).
            Court info would be better and preferably the actual judgement.

If we did get them to accept a full and final would they then have to show the charge on the house as 'settled' and therefore have to remove it?
            Yes, you make that a condition.

Comment

Okie Dokie I shall be trying to dig out the relevant papers, thanks for that Curly hun.

Comment

Oh dear looks like I may have confused this bunch.

Have at long last got round to calling them to make the arrangements to carry on paying them the instalments that were originally agreed with Restons, so have now got their banking details etc and so I asks 'Is it right that you have bought this account', 'yes' says the girlie on the other end, 'hmmm so if I want to make a full & final settlement, how much?' says I, to which she replied I have no idea but we are accepting very low offers at the moment due to the current financial climate.

hmmm am now on hold to another dept and listening to so some lovely music.

Bugger they have cut me off so redialling ..............

Comment

Ooooo have a very nice man on the phone now and I chatted to him, explained the position etc and he's worked it out

Bear in mind the amount outstanding is £7,578.47

The figure he's given me if we paid it off today is £8,225.00

What I said you are joking I expected the figure to be around £2k as you have only paid around 8-20p in the pound for this debt, yep he says, but remember you are paying 8% pa on it and its gaining 52p per month and its also a charging order on your house so we have the upper hand.

Pfffffft I said so we are better off sticking to the £50 month arrangement then.

So much for trying to do a f & f with this lot

Comment

Originally posted by Sappy
                    you are paying 8% pa on it and its gaining 52p per month
                    yeah right they are !!!

Stat interest is UP TO judgement not after.

Comment

Quality Eh, but I think I won't rock the boat so to speak for a while, will just keep paying and see what happens in the future.

We've just got things on an even keel and don't fancy upsetting anything for a while, except of course anything thats all paid off pmsl

Comment

When are you going to stop telephoning these people and write to them instead?

Comment

I was wondering that as well.

I hope you told them that YOU were recording the call

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                            When are you going to stop telephoning these people and write to them instead?
                            I only wanted to set up the new payment arrangement with them and thought it would be quicker via phone which it was, then I had the bright idea of taling about the f & f figure. Don't worry they won't be talking to me again its letters all the way from now on hun.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                              I was wondering that as well.

I hope you told them that YOU were recording the call
                              I always tell them the call is being recorded, and I also always tell them that any calls that I may receive from them will be taken as harrassment and could be reported to the relevant authorities.

Hopefully that puts them off getting the idea that because I have called them once that I have given them permission to start calling us, although I do always do withhold the number as well.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X