• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

elliotsmum 'can't believe she beat the bankers - Halifax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elliotsmum 'can't believe she beat the bankers - Halifax

Hello elliotsmum and welcome to Legal Beagles.
    Please have a look round and if you need any help with anything give a shout, someone will soon be along to help you.
    If you have an ongoing claim, or a problem you need answers to, then you can start a thread in the appropriate forum. Once again if you need help doing this just ask.
    When you have settled in, if you feel like a chat we have the Legal Beagle Chatroom, or there is The Lamp Post for off topic threads. Hope to speak soon Tempty xx

Re: Welcome elliotsmum

hi all
    this is my first post even though i have been reading everyones posts re financial hardship claims, as i have had an ongoing claim myself against the halifax .
    just wanted to let you all know that this morning i have spoke with the halifax
    and they have reviewed my financial hardship claim and have agreed to pay back my bank charges! the guy i spoke to was very helpful, he has informed me that a letter has gone out to me on fri 15th stating that they have agreed to pay me £5700 (my initial claim was for £4970)he even read out to me the content of the letter and that when i recieve the letter which should be tomorrow (or when royal mail get their finger out ) i need to sign the acceptance form and the money should be in my account within 14 days.he did point out though that because i have arrears with them on a credit card and
    mortgage these arrears would be paid off first and then i will recieve the difference.
    so, for all of you out there going through re claims , dont give in ,there is light at the end of the tunnel .
    also can i just say a big thank you to all the people who work on legalbeagles and moneysavingexpert because without them i wouldnt have had a clue on how to re claim

from one very happy bunny(will be even happier once the money is in my account)

Comment

Hi Elliotsmum,

Welcome to the forum.

That's fantastic news, congratulations.

Best wishes,
      Hod..Liam...
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Oh well done hun thats fabulous news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you like me to add something to the title of this thread ? Go on you decide what you would like.

Comment

Brilliant news Elliotsmum, and thank you for sharing the info with us it does indeed give people some hope.

SL xx
          Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

That is absolutely fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and welcome

Comment

Absolutely fantastic news Elliotsmum ... way to go!!

Just to clarify ... is the claim solely for charges or is there any interest in there??

jax

Comment

Originally posted by jax007 View Post
                Absolutely fantastic news Elliotsmum ... way to go!!

Just to clarify ... is the claim solely for charges or is there any interest in there??

jax

hi, i hadnt added any interest to my claim (£4970) so am presuming the halifax have added interest on as they are offering me £5700. will prob know more when i recieve the letter from them. will let you know.

once again thanks all

Comment

Thanx EM

Brilliant result whatever!!

Well done again

jax

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                    Oh well done hun thats fabulous news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you like me to add something to the title of this thread ? Go on you decide what you would like.
                    ho hum :tinysmile_hmm_t2: how about something like .... i cant believe i beat the b****r's!!!!

Comment

Okies doing 'something' like it now lol

Comment

Re: elliotsmum 'can't believe she beat the bankers

WOW ! Halifax really are going great guns now.

Well done hunny.... was this on completion of your hardship form ?

Would really really appreciate it if you could give us a few more details so we might be able to help others using your story.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          WOW ! Halifax really are going great guns now.

Well done hunny.... was this on completion of your hardship form ?

Would really really appreciate it if you could give us a few more details so we might be able to help others using your story.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
                          ok here come the details , will try not to make it too long winded:

like many others, my initial claim back in july 07 was put on hold due to the test case ,so just waited patiently till jan 08 when i thought( very foolishly ) that all would be resolved. As we all know this date came and went with nothing really been resolved.I religiously kept visiting websites like this one and mse for any updates and came across the financial hardship clause (at this point i had arrears on halifax mortgage, credit card, council tax arrears and gas and electricity ) so, wrote back to the halifax asking them to review my case under financial hardship(mid feb 08) asked them to reply within 14 days. didnt hear a thing from them untill 8 wks later, usual letter saying they were waiting for results of test case blah blah blah, however, if i wanted my claim to be reviewed under financial hardship i should fill out the enclosed financial statement and send it off with any relevent paperwork to back up my hardship. sent numerous copies of letters from my creditors(see list below)on 1st june and waited a couple of weeks, didnt hear anything so after many attempts at trying to get through to their customer complaints dept
                          i finally got through and was told they recieved my bundle of paperwork on 18th june!they couldnt give me a timescale as to when i would hear back but that my case would be placed in a queue awaiting review. i pestered them constantly every week with phone calls and threats of financial ombudsman and county court(never actually took it that far as i was unsure of how to go about it) then finally last wed (13th aug)gave them another call , mainly because i had just recieved a letter that morning from council tax threatening baillif action and went into a bit of a blind panic! i managed to get through to a very helpful man called Matthew Ingham (customer complaint manager leeds)who apologised for the delay and that he would deal with my case urgently and i could expect a reply by the weekend or at the latest monday.(today) nothing came so called him up . you know the rest , letter on way stating the amount they are offering etc...

i honestly thought was going to be another delay tactic and would have been at a loss as to my next course of action , to say i am shocked and surprised would be putting it mildly!:tinysmile_aha_t:

oops tried to keep it short and sweet, anyways, thats pretty much it.

halifax mortgage arrears £1200
                          halifax credit card £600
                          council tax arrears 07 £800
                          scottish power gas £297
                          scottish power electricity£370

also am on benefits:
                          widowed parents allowance
                          working tax credits
                          self employed as a mobile caterer takings are down due to bad weather and it is very much a seasonal trade.

hope all this info is of some help

btw loving that title, had a liitle giggle to myself.

good luck to all you fellow re- claimers
                          Last edited by Tools; 19th August 2008, 05:11:AM. Reason: Highlighting name for ease of reference

Comment

Very well done.

Comment

Fabulous, a massive "Well Done" Enaid xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X