• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bring it on Equita.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring it on Equita.

This morning I got a letter from Equita bailiffs acting on behalf of Manchester council. My son who is a student there missed the first month payment on his council tax. They demanded the whole year to be paid immediatly or the bailiffs will call at my home and take goods to the value of the outstanding bill. I'm not really concerned as I will kick ass if they call.

Question, can they call at my address for something not pertaining to me?

Cheers,
    Hod..Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Re: Bring it on Equita.

Is he on the electoral roll as living at your address?
    Last edited by Amy; 21st June 2008, 18:33:PM. Reason: Oops!

Comment

Nope, Last form for electoral roll I took him off.

Comment

He has only missed one month and the baillifs are after him?

Comment

Well I can only say as he has told me, so I would take the one month with a pinch of salt. he says he missed Aprils payment and by may 26th they were taking him to court and now want the whold years payment up front.

Comment

How it works in Worcester is you get a reminder to pay the arrears and usually a couple of days after the next payment is due. Then if you miss this again they can demand the full amount, however if you phone them they are usually alright. I had a court summons the once and before the court date phoned them up and set up a payment plan which was accepted but it still went to court anyway so about £60 costs were added. I kept to the payment plan and that was that. If I hadn't stuck to it they would have placed an attchmnet of earnings with my employer.

Comment

Well the staff at Equita are bl**dy idiots.
              I checked the council register to see if my son was on it as living here. I had removed him three years ago. I contacted Equita and told them this and they said they have a copy which says Mr L M.......... is registered at this address. Durrr gob****e I said yes that's me. Today I got a letter asking for my sons address, which went into the dustbin.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X