• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA No insurance fine £100 court stage - Had Insurance, Have Proof

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA No insurance fine £100 court stage - Had Insurance, Have Proof

Hi All,

Wondering If anyone can help me regarding an issue I found out this morning that I have been sent a single justice procedure notice.

from what I can see if seams simple guilty or not guilty and pay the fine! but I don't want to go to court due to the time and effort.

I purchased a car from a car sales forecourt, on the 14/08/2015 the car was not available to drive until 3 days later. The car was registered in my name, payment was made part credit card from farther and part myself. Drive the car 17/08/2015 (bank receipt shows this) DVLA in there letter state 05/08/2016? and 8/08/15 they sent a fixed pentalty.

The car was unreliable faulty and the dealer refunded me on the 3/09/2015 - The dealer explained the paper work was not been sent off etc...

I have full insurance documentation to prove I was covered during this time and for months after.

I ring the DVLA they could/would not talk about anything, they passed me the court details. I rang the court but again no use. Called the dealer but company ceased trading and new owners took over.

Is there anyway I can speak/email/send letter to say I have proof I was insured etc...or claim damages for time off work etc.
    many thanks all.
    Tags: None

Re: DVLA No insurance fine £100 court stage - Had Insurance, Have Proof

Hi and welcome

It seems that DVLA will pursue cases right upto the court steps before walking away.

If you intend to show you had insurance I'm afraid it will mean attending court, which is possibly worth the hassle to avoid the fine

Comment

If you were insured then you should have a certificate for the alleged date. If you have then send a copy to to the DVLA and ask that they withdraw the case before you produce this document in court.

Comment

Hi all I have an update.

The DVLA refused to speak to me so I submitted the above as a basic defence and it's going to court on the 10/04/17

The court clerk was also very apologetic and explained it's just something that has to go through the system. I offered to send the evidence but she explained they would not look at it until the court date.

I have proof of the purchase date, insurance date so i am confident that I won't loose this case. But I want to know what steps I can take to seek damages from the DVLA as I'll have to take time off work, drive 50 miles etc...

is is there anything I can do?

Comment

I've also researched this and come to a dead end

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X