• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice applying for CCJ to be set aside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice applying for CCJ to be set aside

Hello,
    I've recently applied for a new mortgage deal and was declined due to my credit score, so I ran a credit check on myself and found out that I have a CCJ from June 2016 which I knew nothing about.
    I've spoken to the court and got the details for the claimants solicitor which is BW legal and they explained the CCJ is related to a private parking charge notice from July 2015.
    All details of the charge, demands for payment and then court papers were sent to my previous address. I moved house in June 2015 and although I updated my address with the DVLA the company obtained my previous address from the DVLA, I'm guessing they may have applied around the time I updated my details.

I remember parking in the car park, i had paid to park but on my way back to the car park i fell over, twisted my ankle and as a result got back to my car about 5 minutes late, the parking warden was there but he said given the circumstances he wouldn't finish writing me out the 'ticket'. I didn't receive any notice on my car and as far as I was aware there was no problem. Unfortunately I didn't get any evidence to back this up, I didn't think I needed to at the time, so I'm not sure I can really defend myself against the original charge and am willing to pay, However I want to try and get the CCJ set aside as I wasn't aware of it and hadn't been given the opportunity to pay the money or the court judgement as I didn't know either existed.

Is it worth me applying for the CCJ to be set aside? Is there any chance that the judge would be willing to remove the judgement if they feel that the original claim was valid? I just don't want this to ruin my credit record for the next 6 years but also don't want to pay the court fees if there is no chance of me being able to get the decision reversed.
    Tags: None

Re: Advice applying for CCJ to be set aside

Read this http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...et-aside-a-CCJ

Or if you are solely interested in getting rid of the CCJ and wish to take the easier otion (more expensive as you pay the amount and the application costs) http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-CCJ-Set-aside

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X