• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

High street time restriction ticket by 15 minutes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High street time restriction ticket by 15 minutes

I parked on a high street (ruislip) to attend a specsaver appointment.
    While I parked, I did not notice that there was parking restriction before 930am. I saw the empty spaces, I purchased the ticket from machine for an hour or something like that, displayed it at 917am to cover appointment time.

Upon return, I saw a PCN stuck and i checked times only to see that I had made a mistake parking before 930 even though I purchased the ticket and displayed it.

I appealed to council saying exactly what happened but they have come back saying there are no mitigating circumstances and I must pay £55 in 14 days. This means while I made an honest mistake, even though I paid, I am being asked to pay the fine which to me feels very harsh but it was my mistake and it was only for 13 minutes to be fair.

I would really respect your view, if there is anything I can do here or I dont have a choice but to pay the fine?

Any guidance will help and I am sorry I posted earlier in welcome forum as I am new to forum. Hopefully this will reach more specific experts.

Many thanks in anticipation.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X