• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Lowell Mediation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **DISCONTINUED** Lowell Mediation

Hi could someone please point me in the right direction
    I received a claim as below
    A claim was issued against you on 16/05/2016

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 23/05/2016 at 15:46:42

Your acknowledgment of service was received on 24/05/2016 at 08:01:41

Your defence was submitted on 10/06/2016 at 10:42:59

Your defence was received on 10/06/2016 at 12:01:46

DQ sent to you on 18/07/2016

DQ filed by claimant on 18/07/2016

You filed a DQ on 04/08/2016

Since the 4th August I have heard nothing what should I do

Many thanks

Tags: None

Re: Lowell Mediation

claimed is stayed no doubt ring the court for update, claimant would have to pay a fee to resurrect it? if stayed.

Comment

Thank you I will call the court tomorrow

Comment

Good morning Sue, welcome back!

I have responded to your PM.
        Stayed:

The claim has been suspended by the court because the claimant has not responded to your defence. A Stay is open ended and the claimant can at any time pay a fee to continue the claim.

If a stay becomes very prolonged you can give the claim notice that you are going to apply for the claim to be struck out with the claimant paying the court fee.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Sue49740 View Post
          Hi could someone please point me in the right direction
          I received a claim as below

A claim was issued against you on 16/05/2016

DQ sent to you on 18/07/2016

DQ filed by claimant on 18/07/2016

You filed a DQ on 04/08/2016

Since the 4th August I have heard nothing what should I do
          Since both parties have filed their Directions Questionnaire this claim will not be stayed.

The DQs are sent when the Claimant informs the court that they intend to continue with the proceedings following receipt of your Defence.

After the DQs are filed NCCBC will transfer the file to your local county court (assuming you put your local one on your DQ).

However I notice from your thread title that Mediation may be involved. Did this go ahead because that phase can take time to administer?

If there wasn't Mediation following the DQ stage then the next thing you should hear from your local county court is a Notice of Allocation/Hearing with court Directions informing both parties what they have to do and when they have to do it by, with the date the hearing has been listed.

At least that's what should happen.

It appears the DQs were filed in August 2016 so you need to find out why the delay in these proceedings.

So call NCCBC to ask if they have transferred the case. If they have (things sometimes get lost en route) then call your local county court to ask them to clarify the status of the claim.

How much is this claim because the steps following a DQ will be different if the case is destined to be allocated to the Fast Track? However if Mediation was involved this must be a Small Claims Court case because free court Mediation is not available to Fast Track cases.

Di

Comment

Hi Diana
            I completed the DQ in august agreeing to mediation that is the last I heard the claim wAs for £174 I have requested all the normal paper work from Lowells but have nothing many thanks sue

Comment

Hi Diana
              I completed the DQ in august agreeing to mediation that is the last I heard the claim wAs for £174 I have requested all the normal paper work from Lowells but have nothing many thanks sue
              By requesting all the normal paperwork, do you mean you sent a CCA Request and a CPR 31.14 Request to Lowells?

The claim is for a small amount in Lowells terms (£174) . Do you think there's a slim possibility that they have Discontinued it and not told you?

I don't dare plant that happy thought in your mind so ring NCCBC to see what's going on in case it's just a case of the file getting lost.

Di

Comment

Yes the CCA & CPR I have just spoken to the court and they don't know why it was not put forward to mediation they are now going to put it to a local court where they say I will be offered mediation this debt was at a old property that I had not lived at for 2 years and I had never had a debt or account with Next who where the originally creditors so looks like I will have to wait and see what happens

Comment

I have just spoken to the court and they don't know why it was not put forward to mediation they are now going to put it to a local court where they say I will be offered mediation this debt was at a old property that I had not lived at for 2 years
                  Okay, so now you have a status update. You'll hear from your local county court next. Post up when that happens.

Do you mean the claim was served on an address where you weren't living at the time?

Di

Comment

No it was served on my current address but when I checked my noodle report the debt was
                    for my old rented property I presume they had done a credit check on me and found my new address does that make sense

Comment

No it was served on my current address but when I checked my noodle report the debt was
                      for my old rented property I presume they had done a credit check on me and found my new address does that make sense
                      Yes that makes sense

You can see who has searched your CRA file on Noddle.

If the old and new address were linked when you moved (DVLA etc spread the word) then they will have found your new address.

Di

Comment

Just a update I phoned Northampton court and the lady could not understand why I had heard nothing since the 4th August it has now been transferred to my local court and I have received a letter from this court confirming this my question now is what will happen now thanks sue

Comment

Just a update I phoned Northampton court and the lady could not understand why I had heard nothing since the 4th August it has now been transferred to my local court and I have received a letter from this court confirming this my question now is what will happen now thanks sue
                          You will have to make a witness statement which must be filed at least 14 days prior to a hearing.
                          Have you got a hearing date?

nem

Comment

Hi Nem
                            No hearing date as yet

Comment

I phoned Northampton court and the lady could not understand why I had heard nothing since the 4th August it has now been transferred to my local court and I have received a letter from this court confirming this
                              What does the letter from your local county court say?

Is it a random letter or is it a Notice of Allocation?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X