• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ from Lowells Portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ from Lowells Portfolio

Hello all

I'm wondering if you can help me?
    I opened a letter addressed to my "partner" accidentally and it was from Lowells solicitors saying a CCJ had been registered against him.
    We are currently separated and he has been crashing at a friends whilst we try and sort out our relationship.
    His post still comes to my home but he hasn't been collecting it.
    He is going through a really rough time and I feel bad that I didn't forward his mail on, even though he has been to visit the kids.
    I want to help him with this matter and I have gathered a bit of info from this forum thanks to you lovely people!
    The debt relates to a mobile phone bill in October 2011 with T Mobile now EE For approx £1800. This is made up of roaming charges for one day in the United States
    He disputed it with T Mobile and they offered a 25% reduction but he still disputed it as he did not see how he racked up 1800 worth of roaming charges in one day. He wanted evidence like websites visited, calls made but received nothing.
    After I alerted him to the CCJ letter from Lowells this is stressing him out, so I've said I will help him however I can.
    We didn't see a letter from Northampton so I logged onto trust online as recommended on here and did indeed see a CCJ (unsatisfied judgement) for approx £1800 at the beginning of Jan
    I'd like to get the judgement set aside based on the fact that the initial amount was being disputed with T-Mobile and due to the high cost of the bill also that he is currently not residing at his usual address whilst he sorts out domestic issues but he is of no fixed abode currently.
    There are some emails between him and T-Mobile - he even copied and pasted one of those web chats into an email.
    Obviously this is going back nearly 6 years and he doesn't know where his original agreement is.
    Does he have a chance to a) set this aside and b) dispute the charge?
    Any advice/help would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ from Lowells Portfolio

Bumping for some advice please

Comment

Hi Juniek & welcome to LB

Just to clarify, is the CCJ from Jan 2017?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        Hi Juniek & welcome to LB

Just to clarify, is the CCJ from Jan 2017?
        Hi charitynjw
        Thank you for the welcome
        Yes according to Trust Online the CCJ was awarded Jan 2017.

Comment

Bumping again - can anyone help me regarding this
          Can we get this set aside based on our current living arrangement?

Comment

Some info re set-asides
            http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...lication-notes
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X