• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Parking Eye please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Parking Eye please

Originally posted by Georgie15 View Post
    Hi All

I'm not having any luck with Social Media - I did get a reply but they're asking for booking details, reservation numbers etc etc and as he was just meeting people there I don't have what they need.

Have I been forgotten or am I just beyond help?

On the plus side no paperwork has been received through the post for a couple of days now

Many thanks
    Not forgotten but this is a very difficult position.

The best solution is never to see the inside of the court.

I would just be honest with them. If he was meeting a guest then say so. I would also throw in the mental health issues etc too. Go for sympathy or the "feck this, i don't want to be dealing with this" attitude (i.e. they cancel because they think mental health is a potential headache )

Hi M1

Yes all three DRP letters have the date of offence as 15/10 /16. Are you saying that you think it hasn't been to court but straight to the enforcement agents?

If so what will be my next step with that? Also if that is the case then my defence I sent to the court is for the wrong parking charge!

Bearing in mind the RK has never actually received any parking notices only reminders way after the discounted period ended. Had they been received the 2nd one would have just been paid for but not the first as I noticed immediately it was out of date as I had seen somewhere about the 14 days.

It's all so confusing and such a mess as they haven't made anything clear. I'm still waiting for a response to the email I sent to PE asking what the court case refers to.

I'm also waiting for written authorisation from the RK to 'whom it may concern' to deal with me.

Many thanks
    If the Hotel don't help it's probably worth better to contact parking eye to try and settle. Sometimes they will for about £60. That is more than they'll make if they have to pay someone to attend a hearing. Whether explaining the situation to them is helpful or not i have no idea.

The trouble with an amended defence is going to be that it only has a relatively small chance to win, based on what information we have and given the difficulties of the position as it stands we really need to try other avenues described above to get rid of this in the best way possible without causing other issues.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

Am I writing to the court or to ParkingEye?

Either way I will tell them I'm the RKs mother and he's in prison and about his mental health issues and that I've been left to deal with this etc etc

I will show you before I send

Many Thanks for all your time and help

Comment

Parking eye.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

I have pasted the letter here as it wont let me upload a word document - its saying its an invalid file

Hello ParkingEye

Ref: XXXX

On 3rd December 2016 a Parking Charge Notice Reminder was received at the above address for the registered keeper of vehicle XXXXXXX

Date of Event is 26/10/2016
          Date Issued 02/11/2016
          Date 11/11/2016

It clearly says on the Reminder that the amount due is £100.00 but will be discounted to £60 if paid by 16/11/2016. This is 22 days BEFORE the date the Reminder was received?

The date of the Reminder is Friday 11/11/2016 and the discounted period ended on the following Wednesday 16/11/2016. This allows 5 days for the notice to be sent, received and paid (including a weekend) which would have also been more or less impossible even if the Reminder had been received earlier, bearing in mind this was the first ever piece of correspondence received from ParkingEye for the above vehicle.

I would like to inform you that the Registered Keeper of the vehicle has been in prison since November, 2016, has Mental Health illnesses and is in receipt of benefits for these. I have a written authorisation to act on his behalf.

Had this Parking Charge Notice Reminder been received in time to pay the discounted amount it would have been paid immediately. Surely your company has to send out other correspondence previous to a Reminder?

I am trying to deal with this to the best of my ability but I am struggling now and cannot keep writing letters and trying to complete forms. Can you please advise me regarding this matter.

Many thanks
          XXXXXXXXX (Mother of registered keeper)

Many thanks

Comment

Are you (or your son) willing to pay the £60 if they'll let you ?

If so you need to make the offer to them. If not then obviously not.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

Yes of course I would be willing to pay the £60. That is what I would have done had it been received in time.

I am trying to deal with this to the best of my ability but I am struggling now and cannot keep writing letters and trying to complete forms. I am willing to pay the discounted fee of £60 as this is what I would have done had a Parking Charge Notice or the Parking Charge Notice Reminder been received within the timeframe to do this. Can you please advise me regarding this matter.

Also I am getting worried about that form that has to be received by 27th February, 2017??

Many thanks
              Last edited by Georgie15; 24th February 2017, 14:15:PM.

Comment

Hello ParkingEye

Ref: XXXX

On 3rd December 2016 a Parking Charge Notice Reminder was received at the above address for the registered keeper of vehicle XXXXXXX

Date Issued 02/11/2016
                Date 11/11/2016

It clearly says on the Reminder that the amount due is £100.00 but will be discounted to £60 if paid by 16/11/2016. This is 22 days BEFORE the date the Reminder was received? This was the 1st letter received.

The date of the Reminder is Friday 11/11/2016 and the discounted period ended on the following Wednesday 16/11/2016. This allows 5 days for the notice to be sent, received and paid (including a weekend) which would have also been more or less impossible even if the Reminder had been received earlier, bearing in mind this was the first ever piece of correspondence received from ParkingEye for the above vehicle.

I would like to inform you that the Registered Keeper of the vehicle has been in prison since November, 2016, has Mental Health illnesses and is in receipt of benefits for these. I have a written authorisation to act on his behalf.

Had this Parking Charge Notice Reminder been received in time to pay the discounted amount it would have been paid immediately. Should you be willing to accept £60 as full and final settlement i will pay it for him.

I look forward to your response.

Many thanks
                XXXXXXXXX (Mother of registered keeper)

I'd try something like that to Parking Eye then.

M1

Comment

M1 - thank you so much

I will post it immediately

Comment

Email, enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

Just before I press send on the email I'm looking at this again:

Date Issued 02/11/2016
                      Date 11/11/2016

If the PCN was issued on 02/11 (Wednesday) and the Reminder was dated 11/11 (Friday) that's only a gap of 9 days including the weekend. The discounted period ended on 16/11 It makes me wonder what date was on the actual Parking Charge Notice. It must have been between 02/11 and 11/11 thus only giving a maximum of 14 days between the date of issue and the date of discount ending?

Just a thought

Comment

2nd to 16th = 14 days. Doesn't mean much if they mess it up anyway, really.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

I sent the email and got the usual automated reply back so will have to wait for the outcome.

I am worried about that form that has to be in by tomorrow. Do I need to complete it and send it recorded delivery so it gets there?

Many thanks

Comment

Hi M1

I sent the email and got the usual automated reply back so will have to wait for the outcome.

I am worried about that form that has to be in by tomorrow. Do I need to complete it and send it recorded delivery so it gets there?

Many thanks
                            Not sure what form you mean but email today/tomorrow will be fine.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

I couldn't send the form by email so I posted it today Recorded Delivery.

I've still not heard from PE re my offer to pay the £60

Many Thanks

Comment

Hi M1

I received the form back from the court with a letter saying as I am not a legal representative they cant accept it.

I have also received a letter back from parking eye (attached) saying they wont accept the original £60 but will accept £135

Please can you advise as I only have a week left to accept/ignore this offer

Thank you
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X