• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Parking Eye please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Parking Eye please

Hi sorry if this post is in the wrong place but could someone tell me about the 14 day time limit for a parking charge to be issued. The registered keeper received a charge (which has since been to court) but I believe it to be out of date. The date of event is 15/10 /16 The date issued is 02/11/16. There is also another one.... The date of event is 26/10/16 The date issued is 02/11/16
    They are both dated 11/11/16. They were both received at the end of November way after the parking offences were committed at Holiday Inn. I have photos but I cannot find where to upload them. Please can I have some help as the registered keeper (my son) who has mental health disabilities and was in receipt of DLA at the time went off of the rails and is now in prison and I have been left to deal with things. Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Help with Parking Eye please

This only applies if they are chasing the registered keeper or keeper and do not know the identity of the driver.

As it is parking eye i'll assume it's an anpr ticket (ie posted out)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

Right to claim unpaid parking charges from keeper of vehicle

4(1)The creditor has the right to recover any unpaid parking charges from the keeper of the vehicle.

(2)The right under this paragraph applies only if—

(a)the conditions specified in paragraphs 5, 6, 11 and 12 (so far as applicable) are met

9(1)A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to keeper for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(b) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met.

(4)The notice must be given by—

(5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

(6)A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales.

My signature has all the details for uploading pictures.

M1

Comment

Hi these are the dates. I presume that it is actually out of date and cannot be collected although it has already been to court?
      Thank you
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Georgie15; 26th January 2017, 13:37:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Georgie15 View Post
        Hi these are the dates. I presume that it is actually out of date and cannot be collected although it has already been to court?
        Thank you
        Well unless they find out who was driving that ticket is a guaranteed win at popla when we get there. The other one we might win.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle

M1

Comment

Hi M1.....I have no idea what POPLA is but I've submitted the Defence and attached it.

Again thanks so much for your help- Ive been left to deal with this amongst other things which will probably appear on a different thread.

Regards

G15

anonymised attachment xx
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Amethyst; 26th January 2017, 17:08:PM.

Comment

This is a court claim ?

M1

Comment

Yes. I dont think Ive explained properly sorry. 2 parking charge REMINDERS were received on 03/12/16 which were ignored then a letter for the one dated 15/10/16 (issued on 02/11/16) saying it was going to court which it did. I have just submitted the defence as above (I have also realised I left all the personal details in the PDF if you could remove them please) because there is an 18 day gap instead of 14 days until the date issued 02/11/16. The driver has never been disclosed to ParkingEye. Another letter for the other one dated 26/10/16 and issued also on 02/11/16 has been received saying it is being taken to court. The registered keeper has been in prison since November 2016.

I have removed personal details from the 2 attachments.

Thank you for all your help
              Attached Files

Comment

Please tell me you haven't sent that defence ?

M1

Comment

Yes I have....is it terribly wrong?

Comment

It could do with improvement. How did you send it ? (by post hopefully)

M1

Comment

No I sent it online. Ive been left to try and deal with these 2 charges amongst other stuff and Im struggling - the irony is I used to cancel Parking Eye charges all the time where I used to work as they were in our car park so I know that the landowners can cancel them easily!

Comment

I take it Holiday Inn said no then ? (management obviously) If so try their social media.

As for the defence,

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part17

Amendments to statements of case
                        (1) A party may amend his statement of case at any time before it has been served on any other party.

There is no way parking eye have been served yet. Call the court and ask if they can scrap what you have sent (in the morning obviously). If not email enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk and advise that you will be amending the defence entered erroneously.

Can you sanitise and post the claim form, pcns and any other stuff like signs you may have ? Try and bolster this for you.

Or email [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION]

M1

Comment

Hi
                          Yes I will call the court in the morning and try to cancel what I have submitted online. Do I tell the court that the registered keeper is in prison and I am dealing with this? Im not sure what you mean by 'sanitise' the claim form? but I can photocopy the Parking Charge Notice Reminder and post that to them. Is there a case because of the more than 14 days between the dates ie date of event being 15/10/16 and date issued being 02/11/16 and lastly is it worth changing the car registration into my name although someone has said not to bother as my son was the registered keeper at the date of the 'offence'
                          As I said no actual charge was received just the reminder and both were received on 3/12/16 more than a month after the date of issue.

Thank you for all your help

Comment

Sanitise = take the personal info off of it. (and barcodes passwords etc).

Do I tell the court that the registered keeper is in prison and I am dealing with this?
                            Tricky one. You might need a written consent to do so, i guess it depends who you get on the phone. He certainly needs to be in court in person (if a lay representative such as yourself is to deal with it) although there is the option of a paperwork only hearing or a solicitor (but the cost isn't worth it usually).

When i say post, i mean on here so i can see it and offer better help.

M1

Comment

Good Morning M1

I have spoken to the court and I had to tell them he was in prison as they wanted to speak to him for authorisation to speak to me and they say they cannot do anything without his written consent which will take at least 2 weeks.
                              What would you like me to post on here - both of the full parking charge reminders with personal details removed? You already have the defence I submitted online?
                              Should I email ParkingEye as you said above? If so should I email as him (I have access to his emails) or myself acting on his behalf but without authorisation?
                              If I email [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] what am I emailing to him/her?

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X