• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Peel Centre Car Park Stockport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Peel Centre Car Park Stockport

Dear All.

I live in edinburgh and I was in manchester for few days just visiting. Not familliar with area using sat nav i ended up in peel centre.

I honestly dont remember seeing any parking signs stating its paid zone or any pay meters. I parked my car there for 58 minutes whilst I was having food at KFC and few minutes in shops etc.

Today I received PCN from excel parking demanding £60. Issue date 19/1/17 and contravention date is 02/01/17

I have already appealed stating I did not see any signs or meter or any barriers, also mentioned I am not from area and live in Edinburgh.
    I stated £60 is unreasonable for 58 minutes parking and I am happy to pay £20 to conclude this matter. I also stated if you dont accept my offer of £20 I will seek legal advice and take this matter further.

My friend just told me that I should have just refused to pay at all and shouldnt have made an counter offer to pay £20.

Please advise where I went wrong and If they refuse my appeal what to do next.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: PCN Peel Centre Car Park Stockport

See what the come back with. They now know you are a Scottish resident which makes a court claim outside the E&W jurisdiction and into ours where they haven't really done much in the way of litigation.

You'd almost never win on appeal so ignoring was a possibility in your circumstances. Keep all communications and ignore from now unless you DO get a court claim.

M1

Comment

Many Thanks M1. Lets see what they say.

Comment

here is reply from them. received today few min ago. Please advise what to do next. thanks

We refer to your appeal in respect of the above Charge Notice received on 24/01/2017.Having considered the points you have raised and reviewed our records, we are unable to accept your appeal. Ourmain reason(s) for this decision are as follows:On the day in question your vehicle was parked without a valid Pay and Display ticket and therefore a ParkingCharge Notice was issued as you failed to adhere to the Terms and Conditions of the car park. We note thecomments you have made advising that you were unaware that the Car Park was "Pay & Display". We must advisethat when parking on private land, a motorist freely enters into an agreement to abide by the conditions of parking inreturn for permission to park.

In response to your comments in relation to the amount of our PCN charges, we must advise that our charges areneither extravagant nor unconscionable and as such, are commercially justified and legitimately enforceable. Wewould also refer you to the recent judgment passed down by the Court of Appeals in the case of ParkingEye v Beavis([2015] EWCA Civ 402).

What you should do next - Either:

1. Pay the Charge Notice: In order to settle the Charge, the payment of £60 to reach us by 08/02/2017 or £100 toreach us by 22/02/2017 must be made. Failure to pay this charge within the stated times, may result in DebtRecovery Action being taken and further costs up to an additional £60 being incurred.Payments can be made online at www.myparkingcharge.co.uk by following the links for "Pay Now", or over thephone by calling 0845 226 9138 by using a valid Credit or Debit Card. (If paying by Credit Card a surcharge of £1.00will apply).

OR

2. Appeal to the Independent Appeals Services (IAS):If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled toappeal to the IAS. In order to appeal, the IAS will need the following information (which is also contained in thesubject header of this correspondence).Notice Serial No: EPS1xxxxx Vehicle Registration Mark: xxxx Appeals must be submitted to the IAS within 21 days of the date of this correspondence. Please visit www.theias.orgfor full details on how to submit an appeal online.

It is important you note that if you wish to appeal to the IAS and your appeal is unsuccessful, the discount offer willno longer apply and the full amount of £100 will be pursued. Please be aware that if a payment is made against thePCN prior to lodging an appeal with the IAS, or receiving adjudication from the IAS, and if it is accepted as Full andFinal settlement of the PCN, any appeal to the IAS will automatically be dismissed.

It important I also highlight that no further appeals will be accepted at this office; any such appeal must be madeto the IAS.Please also note that further costs may be incurred should it be necessary for us to subsequently recover anyoutstanding charge using debt recovery and/or court action.

Comment

Keep all communications and ignore from now unless you DO get a court claim.

That's what i'd do.

M1

Comment

Thanks. If I do get court claim, does that not mean I will end up paying more than £60 ? full £100 for charge + late fee + admin charge etc etc if i dont win I am worried about court judgement against me and bailiffs etc etc

Comment

Only if you lose.

A ccj, if paid within 28 days, doesn't having any effect on a credit rating. Bailiffs would only come if you lost then didn't pay.

M1

Comment

really a catch 22 situation. If I pay now its £60 and game over. But if it goes to court and I loose it will be £100 + costs roughly £160 +

now I am thinking if its worth taking gamble and fight and go through anxious waits and risk of paying more than £60 or just take it on chin and pay £60 and learn lesson for life.

I think I am just going to pay it and get over with it, Peace of mind and time is more valuable to me than just £60.

I would like to say big thanks to M1 for his replies and help so far, much appreciated.

Thank you so much M1, God bless you.

Thanks

Comment

Peace of mind and time is more valuable to me than just £60.

That's your call to make. I'm certainly not going to wish you stress

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X