• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ParkingEye County Court Claim - Please Help Me With A Defence! - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ParkingEye County Court Claim - Please Help Me With A Defence!

(2)The notice must—(f)warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given
    So in effect, day 29?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      So in effect, day 29?
      Like i say, not likely to win but technically it's incorrect as that isn't what statute says. Quite why companies need to put their own spin on it instead of copy and paste from the statute beats me.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        PoFA for Parking Eye is unlikely to win. They are as near to compliance as you find in the PPC land.

Ah I thought as much.

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        7 2 (c) is where a notice to keeper is used. Yours is ANPR ? and so para 7/8 are not applicable as you are covered by para 9.
        The same thing, "inform the driver that the parking charges relating to the specified period of parking have not been paid in full" is mentioned in paragraph 9 as well, so I put that argument in too, weak as it seems lol.

------

I've sent in my defence now, so let's wait and see what happens.

Again, thanks for your help M1, much appreciated.

Worst comes to worst, I pay these shitbags £175, and I get to see what it's like going to court

Comment

Hey M1

Need your help again I'm afraid.

Seems PE is intent on going all the way with this.

They've sent me a reply to my defence. I'm a bit worried because they haven't just sent a template response, but went to the trouble, from pages 10 to 14, of addressing the unique points I raised (with your help) in my defence.

Here's the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z508n0vpk2...notes.pdf?dl=0

The highlights and brief notes were added by me.

I've attached my notes and rebuttals in .pdf format with this message.

I'd very much appreciate any help you can give me.

Also, how does it all work? Do I write back to the court (with a copy to PE) with a list of my rebuttals to PE's reply to my defence, including any evidence in the form of pictures, and emails?

The deadline for paying my court fee is the 11th of May.

I need to send my evidence to the court by the 25th of May.

Thanks in advance,
          Sammie
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the delay, but you seem on top of it to me

M1

Comment

OK, so thanks for all your help with this M1.

ParkingEye didn't pay their court fee, the deadline for which was the 12th of May. I emailed the court and asked for the claim to be struck out. Just today I received a letter from ParkingEye saying that they "do not wish to proceed" with the claim.

These clowns wasted so much of my time, it's unbelievable. All for a mere 12 minute overstay.

I really want to attack them with a counterclaim, but I've wasted enough time and my time is more precious than any amount of money I can get from these fools through a counterclaim.

Glad it's over though.

I learned my lesson to no longer ignore a parking ticket from a private company.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X