• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON!!** Premier Parking Solutions PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WON!!** Premier Parking Solutions PCN

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea if I have a case to appeal with this please?

Today I received a window PCN from Premier Parking Solutions. I bought and paid for my ticket at 12:55 which was valid until 16:55. I received the PCN at 13:06, with my ticket clearly visible in the front of my windscreen. So the ticket shouldn't have been an issue and my reg number was correct on my ticket.

There were no signs up saying this was not a parking area, it was clearly marked as parking bay with white lines. No hatchings painted to indicate you couldn't park there. There is a gate at the back of the parking space which had a half ripped sign saying please do not obstruct this gate, so I made sure my car was parked slightly forward so the gate wasn't obstructed, but I was still within the lines. I can only think that is the reason the PCN was issued as 'unauthorised parking' There were no other signs anywhere to indicate why this PCN was issued or that you could not park in the space I had parked in.

Any ideas if this is worth fighting? It seems highly unreasonable to me? This is a lease car so I'm not the registered owner and I have not contacted PPS yet.

Thanks in advance for any advice

My car in the space:

The space without my car:

The gate at the back of the car park space, which I hadn't obstructed.

The only thing that resembled a 'sign'
    Last edited by MrHampshire; 19th January 2017, 22:23:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Premier Parking Solutions PCN

What reason does the ticket give ?

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...land-and-Wales

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      What reason does the ticket give ?

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...land-and-Wales

M1
      Thanks for the link [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

The reason on the ticket simply states 'unauthorised parking'

Comment

In that case you have a good case. (you likely will not win on appeal but a court case is a different beast. Those photos will help)

Wait for a notice to arrive by post and appeal as the person who leases the car. (takes between 28 & 56 days to arrive)

In the mean time take wider photos of the area to show no other signs (or poor signage).

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          In that case you have a good case. (you likely will not win on appeal but a court case is a different beast. Those photos will help)

Wait for a notice to arrive by post and appeal as the person who leases the car. (takes between 28 & 56 days to arrive)

In the mean time take wider photos of the area to show no other signs (or poor signage).

M1
          Thanks [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] its much appreciated. I will wait for the notice to come through and appeal as the registered keeper.

I'll update this thread with any updates as and when I get them.

Comment

@mystery1 Thought I'd update this thread with my VICTORY! I followed your link in the post above and sent off an email to appeal, not expecting much back.

This is what I sent:

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver of the vehicle xxxxxx you issued a ticket to on the 19/01/2017 at 13:06, was a genuine customer with a valid parking ticket. As you will see by the photo attached, the ticket the driver displayed was completely within the time limit and valid. Further more, the driver saw no signs stating this car parking space was not allowed to be parked in, nor painted hatchings you would expect to see if this was not a valid parking space. The gate at the rear of this parking space was not obstructed as shown in the attached photo.
            I note that the notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraphs 7/8.

This is what I got back:

Further to your email received 15th April 2017, regarding the above PCN.Thank you for your correspondence.

To clarify, your vehicle was protruding out into the roadway. In future please ensure you park the vehiclesquarely in the bay markings. This is a condition of parking that is in place to help reduce the risk ofdamage to your vehicle and the vehicles of others.
            Please know that we have now cancelled this PCN, please take this correspondence as confirmation thischarge is cancelled.
            Yours Faithfully,
            Premier Parking Solutions Ltd.

So apparently I was protruding into the roadway..I bet if I was any further back they would have given the ticket for obstructing the gate!

Good result though. Thank you for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X