• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CEL PCN for NHS Staff with Permit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEL PCN for NHS Staff with Permit

Good Afternoon all,

Could I trouble you for a little advice on a CEL PCN issue I'm having.

My partner works for the Pennine trust and we pay into a monthly Parking permit scheme, which I think is about £20 a month.

The permit should usually go in the window but with a history of staff members cars being targeted and unfortunate events at a local hospital where nurses were followed, she hasn't affixed the pass to the window due to these fears and working shifts and she relies on putting it in the window each time she parks.

What has happened is my partner has arrived at work and due to struggling to find a parking space and getting all flustered due to fear of being late she has parked and forgot to display the permit. Unfortunately the extremely inconsistent parking hitlers have been around and put a ticket on the vehicle.

CEL have been informed that we have a pass but have still rejected the appeal on the grounds "Your vehicle was parked in a Pay and Display Car Park without displaying a valid ticket".

Could someone be able to advise me, if now CEL have the facts regarding the permit, do they have grounds to Penalise me for this error still? £35 is very steep for an unfortunate lapse in concentration.

I thank you in advance for your help

James
    Tags: None

Re: CEL PCN for NHS Staff with Permit

If the hospital don't help, have you got a popla code ?

M1

Comment

Re: CEL PCN for NHS Staff with Permit

Hello Again

Apologies, I hadn't realised anyone had replied. Thanks for looking.

The hospital have buried their heads claiming its all down to CEL.

CEL have issued a POPLA code and I am looking at challenging it. CEL have cited the reason for the ticket is "your vehicle was parked in a pay and display car park without displaying a valid ticket on the day".

I'm looking at the following for my appeal, (better worded) what do you think:

The vehicle was parked on the site with a valid parking permit in force.
      CEL have stated that the vehicle was parked in a pay and display car park without displaying a valid ticket, but the vehicle does not need a Valid Ticket to park and that parking charges have already paid!
      They have not provided any evidence to show that this penalty; for which I have not seen any PCN for, only the Notice to keeper, was issued for contravention of any parking regulations or conditions and have failed to satisfy me that, when the vehicle was allegedly parked, any conditions had been breached and if so which?
      There was no contract with CEL to breach.
      They have not provided any clear evidence that they have the authority to pursue charges on the land.
      As the vehicle does have a parking permit in force which is already paid for then any further payment in the form of a penalty would be just that, a penalty, effectively a second bite at the cherry and would amount to paying twice for the privilege of parking.
      Overall the charge is not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

many thanks
      Last edited by Jnrsnr78; 26th January 2017, 17:30:PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X