• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Damp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damp

Hi, Im a new member so hello everyone.
    I have a property that I have owned for 15years, the property has been rented out in this time but has stood empty for a few years now. The property has a Damp problem, I believe this is caused I believe, by my neighbors drive way which runs up the side of my stone terrace house. The concrete drive-way runs up hill along side my property to a height of 3 ft at the rear of my house.
    This is causing a cold spot and damp in my property. The drive way was already in place when I purchased the house, so am I now allowed to ask the neighbor to cut back their drive by 12 to 18 , this will create an air flow around my property, allowing my property to dry out and clear my problem.
    Tags: None

Re: Damp

Hi Northernspain & welcome to LB.

In which country is house situated? (I ask for obvious reasons )
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Charitynjw, the house is in Holmfirth (Yorkshire)

Comment

Ok

I have recently been informed that Yorkshire is not a country. (Yet!)

Have you approached your neighbour (amicably) about this problem?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi, yes I have broached the subject, even though they have not out and out refused they did seem quite reluctant.

Comment

It might be an idea to contact your local authority Environmental Health dept.
            They can sometimes intervene on your behalf, especially if there are health implications (mould etc)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thankyou, thats a good idea, I will contact them , explain my situation and see where it goes. Cheers...Mal

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X