• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

London Parking Solutions - PCN to own resident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: London Parking Solutions - PCN to own resident

From what you've said it appears you would have been parked in compliance had the permit been on full display. The lease appears not to mention that a permit is required so that appears to me, on what you've posted, that they have no case.

M1

Comment

I agree, it's not stated that a permit is required to be displayed and there fore they don't have a case. I have emailed the property management company who have hired LPS to ask if they have been given permission by the landowner and if they have initiated a variation on all the leases for all the residents. I've read that if they haven't followed the correct procedure in implementing a variation on the lease, it cannot stand. With regards to the options you've given, I definitely don't want to pay it. No 2 seems like the option to go down, where I assume I awaited for them to take me to a small claims court?

Comment

. I have emailed the property management company who have hired LPS to ask if they have been given permission by the landowner
        Probably.

if they have initiated a variation on all the leases for all the residents.
        Probably not.

No 2 seems like the option to go down, where I assume I awaited for them to take me to a small claims court?
        Correct.

M1

Comment

I am bit worried that if I don't pay, LPS will come back and clamp my car. Is that something they can do?

Comment

Originally posted by DandyWarhol83 View Post
            I am bit worried that if I don't pay, LPS will come back and clamp my car. Is that something they can do?
            Clamping was made illegal, which is why POFA schedule 4 was implemented as a sop to the parking companies. (except in very very limited circumstances and this is not one of them).

Comment

Ok, thank you.
              Do I write to LPS to say that I'm not going to pay, or wait till the letters start coming in?

Comment

Up to you.

M1

Comment

So, I spoke to the property management company on this just to get a clarification from them in terms of my lease, and they have come back to me stating that the map on my lease highlighting where my space is, is not where I parked- which is true.
                  However, no parking spaces are actually marked out for each flat. There are no signs, labels or even white lines to actually state where each parking space is. Because of this, people park wherever they can, and where my space is shown on the map, there is always someone parked in it, due to it's premium location right near the entrance.
                  Therefore, the property management company have said that I should pay the fine as I am in the wrong space.
                  Am I in the wrong?

Comment

If there is an identifiable space on your lease then yes i'd say you are wrong. (which is different from saying you'll lose btw).

If the space marked on the lease is not identifiable on the ground then they are wrong.

If someone else is using your space then you MAY have a claim against them and/or the PPC or property management company as your space is to all extent and purposes unusable.

It's one of these scenarios whereby it is difficult to call from afar and easier to judge when you are on the ground, as you are.

M1

Comment

Hmmm, really not sure what to do now.
                      That's kind of thrown a spanner in the works.
                      If I don't pay the fine, they will take me to a small claims court, which they could now use this against me, maybe.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X