• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My employer has banned only me from talking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My employer has banned only me from talking

After a recent disciplinary resulting from a grieviance raised against me my employer has decided that i, and only i, am banned from talking. We work in a busy warehouse and i need to comunicate with my coworkers. I have been banned from talking to anyone, in any capacity (before work, during break/lunch and after work) for 12 months and would just like to know how (if at all) legal it is to single me out in this way. This feels like it is just a way to make me miserable so i resign as they cannot fire me.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: My employer has banned only me from talking

*NO OFFENSE*
    You must b a talkative one, I should say,,, LOL *Just trying to make you enjoy your situation*

Anyhow, if there is no some hidden/general clause in company's policies on this then you can seek legal help. By the way it is unethical to ban only one employee...

You mentioned that it could be just a tactic to make you resign as they can't fire you... Can you please mention why can't they fire you when they can put a ban on you? *curiosity*
    sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X