• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Judgment given - I was not aware of this!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Judgment given - I was not aware of this!

Hi All, New to the forum, hoping you guys can help!

I have not been the best with money, but had an OK credit rating when I checked a few years ago. Now I don't check it regularly as I should I now know this! but I have checked this morning and I can see I have been given these negative marks and my score has dropped

You have had at least one Court Judgement
    You have had at least one account in Default or Repossession (UNITED UTILITIES WATER LTD, LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD)

Back Story

Myself and my partner before we got our own house rented a house from a letting agent. We where told it was a 6 month contract and would be extended on the basis of everything being ok which we agreed. The six months was coming to an end and the Landlords we where informed are wanting to sell the property. They did explain they had a property next door to us which they owned, and we could rent that one. We liked the area, and reluctantly moved next door again on a six month basis but they said the rent amount and bills would be the same. The six months was ending and guess what they wanted to sell this one. At this point furious we handed notice in and moved out!

Now I can see the court judgement is for water bill, but yet I have known nothing until today. What is starting to dawn of me is I believe the landlord did

• Not sell the house but built extra walls within the house
    • Rented it as individual rooms (Close to a hospital)
    • Joined the water supply to my second rented property
    • I have been left the bill
    • Moved to a new house was never given any paper work

This is speculation but it must be large water bill to have it go to court?

So can anyone help me in getting this horrid CCJ or default from my name!

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Judgment given - I was not aware of this!

Hi volvoman & welcome to LB.

What is the date of the CCJ?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I'd give the water company a call and see if they can tell you more about it, including their solicitors details if they can't give you the CCJ claim number.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi CharityNJW,

According to Clear Score Aug 2014?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          I'd give the water company a call and see if they can tell you more about it, including their solicitors details if they can't give you the CCJ claim number.
          I will do that now, thankyou.

Comment

Trust Online can also give you details of the CCJ & from that you can contact the court which issued the CCJ for further info.
            http://www.trustonline.org.uk/
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi Guys

I have spoken to United Utilities and got the CCJ Claim Number

They have billed me for 2 years and the landlord submitted the information to the water company when I was there less than a year !

What are my next steps in getting this removed

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by volvoman View Post
                Hi Guys

They have billed me for 2 years and the landlord submitted the information to the water company when I was there less than a year !

Many thanks
                Ok
                Btw, how did UU have details of the CCJ?
                I thought the Claimant was Lowells?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

According to UU they do not use Lowell's for court action they went to court themselves ?

So I'll have look Into the Lowell thing.

But she gave me the CCJ Claim number?

Comment

According to UU they do not use Lowell's for court action they went to court themselves ?

So I'll have look Into the Lowell thing.

But she gave me the CCJ Claim number?
                    We do need to know who the Claimant/Judgment Creditor is.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The credit record says

You have had at least one account in Default or Repossession (UNITED UTILITIES WATER LTD, LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD)

read the , as and

Thus I suspect the UU account has gone to a CCJ, and whatever the Lowell account is is in Default - should be easy to figure out looking at the rest of the credit file.

UU usually do court action themselves.

So did they give you the date of the CCJ, you may want to apply to set aside the judgment, but you should gather as much facts as you can now, and put that in writing to UU legal dept, asking them to consent to a set aside.

The application will cost either £100 or £255 depending on whether it needs a hearing, so although you have to be prompt in making the application a couple weeks should be spent ensuring you have your facts and defence to the claim sorted.

Ask the court if they can send you the documents - or ask UU - you want the original particulars of claim and the judgment order. From UU you want a full breakdown of what they have claimed too so you can investigate - if they won't you may have to submit a subject access request for full transactions data, letters etc - but that takes 40 days and your app should really be in within a couple weeks.

I'll grab a link so you know what I'm on about with set aside... here -> http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...lication-notes - just for info/ref for now while you gather information xx

Your tenancy agreement etc might be helpful too - any reference to the water bills in it ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        The credit record says

read the , as and

Thus I suspect the UU account has gone to a CCJ, and whatever the Lowell account is is in Default - should be easy to figure out looking at the rest of the credit file.

UU usually do court action themselves.

So did they give you the date of the CCJ, you may want to apply to set aside the judgment, but you should gather as much facts as you can now, and put that in writing to UU legal dept, asking them to consent to a set aside.

The application will cost either £100 or £255 depending on whether it needs a hearing, so although you have to be prompt in making the application a couple weeks should be spent ensuring you have your facts and defence to the claim sorted.

Ask the court if they can send you the documents - or ask UU - you want the original particulars of claim and the judgment order. From UU you want a full breakdown of what they have claimed too so you can investigate - if they won't you may have to submit a subject access request for full transactions data, letters etc - but that takes 40 days and your app should really be in within a couple weeks.

I'll grab a link so you know what I'm on about with set aside... here -> http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...lication-notes - just for info/ref for now while you gather information xx

Your tenancy agreement etc might be helpful too - any reference to the water bills in it ?
                        Thank you for the detailed explanation.

After reading your comments, I will send a letter to UU asking for the information regarding the claim. Is there any templates that you know of that I can use or any help drafting a letter I can send to them?

As for the default I found it is for a bill of £40 with Lowell on a old phone contract it has nothing to do with UU its just the way Clear Score laid out the information. I checked Noodle and they showed the information as a phone bill (communication) in the category,

Again many thanks!

Comment

Just a quick bump, I can't seem to find a template to send to UU asking for my information without sending a SAR?

Comment

Just a quick bump, I can't seem to find a template to send to UU asking for my information without sending a SAR?
                            Sorry to be pain everyone could really use some guidance on composing some form of letter to send to UU regarding this issue!

Many Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X