• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How much and how to pay?(speeding offence)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much and how to pay?(speeding offence)

Not having the greatest of luck to be honest but caught doing 42 in 30 mph by mobile camera that I should have known was there.
    I've received the s172 notice today so will fill in and send back.
    However, how much is the likely fine?
    Am i right in saying that it's 3 penalty points on licence?
    Can I pay the eventual fine by credit card?(am tight on the £££ front)
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: How much and how to pay?(speeding offence)

Oops !! If no one else answers I'll ask Jules to look in when he gets home - as he's had a couple ( I never have ) - he was given the option to go on one of those speed awareness courses last time.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I had a suspicion that you are a racy sort!

Did you check the NIP dates for the 14 days? (Not just the date on the letter, but the date when it was actually posted......if you kept the envelope. The barcode on the envelope can be read at your local sorting office)
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes the offence happened less than 14 days ago so I was caught bang to rights. I'm not disputing the fine cos I was driving over the limit(I was distracted but no excuse). Just need to know how much and payment method.

Comment

Minimum is £100 and you can pay https://penaltynotice.direct.gov.uk/ - see https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

About the same for speed awareness courses, but no penalty points.
            example http://www.drivetech.co.uk/driver-aw...ss-course.html
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Just to bring this thread to a gentle close. It was a Speed awareness course which is 4 hours and I have to pick up the tab to prevent 3 points on my licence. The cost is £90.00 and the company that they deal with inform the police that I have taken part in it. It needs to be booked before 4 months have elapsed from the date of the offence. So, I've got mine tomorrow and that's the end of the matter.

ALTHOUGH, if i had the time to fight it a bit more, I'd argue that the speed trap was on a pathway at the start of a guided busway and MIGHT be suggested that it was unclear whether it was the speed for the road or the busway. HOWEVER, I'm not and speed awareness course will get me off 3 points.

Comment

Lesson learnt don't think the defence you would have offered would work

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X