• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Category 6 First Party Fraud - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category 6 First Party Fraud - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi
    I lost my card on a night out as i had not been using it since it just used apple pay last time i had use the physical card was just to get some money out a few days later then 5 days later i try to open my mobile banking app for barclays but it wouldn't let me and it had a notice saying my account was suspended, however i had used the app and also bought something online with the card the very same day,so i called them and to check what was happening at this time i hadn't noticed my card was missing, and then during the call the lady asked for the membership number that's when i noticed and the reported it stolen, i went in branch and told them what had happened and they told me my account was under review and i could withdraw some money out if i brought in ID and pay slips which i did, the review took about 2 months until i heard back from them which most people told me was unusually long and the sent me a closure letter, saying my account was closed, that week i tried to open another account with Lloyds who sent me out a card and everything but a few days letter they also sent me a closure letter saying my name had been flagged for fraud and after doing research it comes out as a category 6 first party fraud and I have evidence that i was not involved in these activities that may have happened.

Help!!!!!!!! how to i appeal this blacklist please
    Tags: None

Re: Category 6 First Party Fraud - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tash,
    Have Barclays not given you the specific reasons for the fraud allegation. Was your stolen card used? What have Barclays actually said? First step once you know what is being alleged would be to make a formal complaint to Barclays then take up with the Financial Ombudsman if Barclays aren't able to rectify matters.
    You state that you have evidence that proves you have not been involved in these activities. What activities?
    It will be for the Bank to remove the Cifas cat. 6 listing. Have you reported anything to the police?
    Sorry more questions than answers.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

No they haven't given me any reason for the fraud allegation and yeah i believe it was used when it was stolen as I saw some suspicious transaction on my account they said in their terms and conditions they don't have to give me any reason for the account closure, and the activities were transfers of money in and out of my account meaning someone would have to have had my pin and other details in order to do that, and how would i go about providing the evidence? I have filed a complaint with Action Fraud and going to do a formal complaint with the police within the week.

Comment

I also wanted to know how long does that last because I've got work placements coming up for university this September and I've read somewhere it may affect my employment, and when they clear my name is it immediate?

Comment

Confused a little here? You say movement in and out of your account why would someone who takes you card put money into your account have you asked this question to the bank?

Comment

Yeah there was about £8000 put in and then taken out in different amounts on the same day, if there's a way I could send you part of my bank statements for you to see I would and I have but they said there's only so much they can tell me at the Barclays branch

- - - Updated - - -

I had used my account the morning my account was. Locked and it working perfectly with just my wages being put in and at this time I hadn't realised I had lost my bank card

Comment

Hi again,
              A worry but unfortunately the bank doesn't have to give specific reasons in certain situations. Have you checked whether your employer accidently paid the money in? The deposit and withdrawal of such a sum is more than likely what is causing the issue and until fully investigated there is probably little you can do. However, definitely report to the police asap, the stolen card and also make a formal complaint to the bank. Check their complaints procedures as they should indicate the timescale you can expect to receive a response. If they don't comply with their own procedure then you should contact the financial ombudsman. There are other similar threads on the forum that may be worth looking at to see if there are any pointers for you.
              I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

I have checked with my employer all the sums i was being paid were the correct amount so it couldn't have been that, i am writing a letter to file a complaint today and Thank you i will do that I'm still waiting to hear from them about the first letter i wrote

Comment

Update: I went into the bank yesterday and they told me to file a formal complaint with the complaints department so i can be able to challenge their decision, now just waiting

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X