• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell taking me to court for CCJ. Statue barred couple of days ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell taking me to court for CCJ. Statue barred couple of days ago

Hi I hope someone can help. I am defending a claim from Lowell for a CCJ. I sent my defense and the court responded by asking lowell to send them and myself copies of the agreement relied upon plus any default notice and a copy of the account. Other wise the the claim will get struck out. Lowell have sent me a print out of stuff I apparently bought from JD WILLIAMS and a letter they apparently sent me to say they bought the debt off JD. Can I still defend this? Shouldn't there be a credit agreement. Also there was one payment made on the account on 10/01/2011 so should the debt should now be statue barred? Can I use that in court? Thank you for your help.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell taking me to court for CCJ. Statue barred couple of days ago

Hi emily84 & welcome to LB.

Could you post up a copy of the court 'response' letter? (or type the instructions verbatim, & was it a Notice of Allocation?).

It is unlikely to be statute barred, as the claim was in all probability issued before the 6 years was up.
    This will 'freeze' the SB 'clock'.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, Thank you for your reply I will try and up load it now.
      Thank you

Comment

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9c&oe=58807BD2

- - - Updated - - -

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...da&oe=5880A3D7

- - - Updated - - -

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t34....1e&oe=587F5E56

- - - Updated - - -

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...87&oe=58808FAE

Comment

Hi, I have just posted what I have received from Lowell and the court. Do you think i can still defend the claim? Thank you for all your help.

Regards Emily

Comment

Originally posted by emily84 View Post
            Hi, I have just posted what I have received from Lowell and the court. Do you think i can still defend the claim? Thank you for all your help.

Regards Emily
            Good morning Emily

Have you received the documents that the judge order them to send? Most importantly the Agreement.
            Check with court to see if Lowell has filed the documents as ordered.

nem

Comment

Morning Nem,

Everything I have received Of Lowells since the judge asked them to send prove is what I have posted above, which is just a print out of item made on the JD WILLIAMS account and a letter to say they bought the debt. I'm not sure if this is what the judge asked for all not? I think I will just ring up the court and ask.

Regards Emily

Comment

Have just spoken to the court they haven't received anything from Lowells yet. The lady did say it might not of been logged yet and couldn't advise me on what to do next apart from get legal advice.

Kind regards Emily

Comment

Have just spoken to the court they haven't received anything from Lowells yet. The lady did say it might not of been logged yet and couldn't advise me on what to do next apart from get legal advice.

Kind regards Emily
                  Well they had until the 4th of Jan long enough I think!

You have to file a full defence by 4pm tomorrow so did you tell the lady at this court about this.
                  I would e-mail the court and state that no agreement has been produced and Lowell has failed to comply with the judges order.

It might stir the court into looking a the case mores closely.

nem

Comment

Hi,

Yes told the lady this on the phone she just said get legal advice. Is there a template defence letter I can use? Will email the court now. Thank you for all your help.

Regards Emily

Comment

Hi,

Yes told the lady this on the phone she just said get legal advice. Is there a template defence letter I can use? Will email the court now. Thank you for all your help.

Regards Emily
                      Hello Emily.

Defence templates are in the green box at the top of the " court claim " forum these are not " court ready " and have to be edited/amend to suit the individuals case.

Make a draft and post here then we can go through it with you.

nem

Comment

Great thank you will do it as soon as I get in.

Comment

1: I received the claim xxxxxxx from the Northampton County Court on 30/09/2016

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim appears to be for a Catalogue Account agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4: It is denied that the Defendant has previously entered intoan agreement with JD WILLIAMS or Lowell for provision of credit.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

6. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from JD WILLIAMS to Lowell on 20/12/2012. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

7. It is denied that JD WILLIAMS served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

8: On the 3/10/2016 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Lowell Solicitor. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment

9. Lowell Solicitor has not sent any of these documents to me..

10. On the 3/10/2016 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Lowell pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

11. The Claimant has failed to comply with 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore It is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

14. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

15. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed …………………………………………

Dated .................................................. ....

Comment

Hi, Is this any good not really sure what i'm doing? Thank you

Comment

1: I received the claim xxxxxxx from the Northampton County Court on 30/09/2016

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim appears to be for a Catalogue Account agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4: It is denied that the Defendant has previously entered intoan agreement with JD WILLIAMS or Lowell for provision of credit.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

6. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from JD WILLIAMS to Lowell on 20/12/2012. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

7. It is denied that JD WILLIAMS served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

8: On the 3/10/2016 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Lowell Solicitor. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment

9. Lowell Solicitor has not sent any of these documents to me..

10. On the 3/10/2016 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Lowell pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

11. The Claimant has failed to comply with 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore It is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

14. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

15. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed …………………………………………

Dated .................................................. ....
                              Looks good to me!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X