• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Got CCJ, claimant is MIL Collections, please help with N244!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got CCJ, claimant is MIL Collections, please help with N244!

Hi there,

I recently checked my credit score online and noticed a CCJ dated 4th November 2016. The address on there is an address from over a year and a half prior to that. I contacted the court from the details provided, and they informed me that the claimant is MIL Collections from a parking fine from 10/04/2015. Apparently the form would have been sent to me after the 13th October (the court says this is when the claim was received). Obviously I did not receive it, because it was sent to an old address. Had I known about it, or even the parking ticket from 2015, I would have paid it. At this point I'm unsure the parking ticket even exists.

I've heard a lot of bad stuff from MIL Collections, and I don't want a CCJ on my record as I'm hoping to get a mortgage in the next few years and it could hinder my ability to do so.

I know absolutely nothing about courts, or law, and the N244 seems very confusing to me. I am hoping I have a good chance of winning and having it set aside though, purely on the basis that it was sent to the wrong address and I couldn't have known about it and therefore could not have paid it within the 1 month window.

My only problem is that they would have got the address from DVLA records on the vehicle, which I have not updated; however, it could be that I was living there on 10/04/2015 in which case the claimant should really have put some effort into finding my latest address, seeing how the claim is well over a year since the supposed parking fine.

If anybody could give me help filling in the form and any other steps required that would be greatly appreciated, at the moment I'm in a position where paying the fee to have it set aside would be a large hit on my finances, but it is worth it to try and get the CCJ removed.

It's unfair because other than this CCJ my credit score was good, infact I took pride in how much I'd managed to keep it clean.

Thank you in advance,
    Conna
    Tags: None

Re: Got CCJ, claimant is MIL Collections, please help with N244!

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...et-aside-a-CCJ

Have a read.

M1

Comment

Hi there, thanks for replying I had previously read through that entire thread before creating mine. But I was very confused, and I'm still having trouble filling out this form on my own because I've never had to do anything like this before. I was wondering if somebody could help me fill it in tailored to my exact circumstances.

Kind regards,
      Conna

Comment

When did you first become aware of the CCJ?

Have you contacted MIL to put them on notice of your intention to set aside the CCJ, and perhaps offer to consent to the set aside which will reduce the cost of your application?

I'm sure [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] can answer but looking at other threads on here MIL 'purchase' seem to these debts from other parking companies so there would likely need to have been an assignment that took place and you being notified of it for it to be legally assigned, if not it is an equitable assignment meaning they have the benefit of it but would require the original parking company to bring a claim in their name, not MIL.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Was the claim sent to the address that the DVLA had on the day the claim was issued

Comment

Hi, thanks for the replies. I think it would have been sent to the address on DVLAs records at the time, even though I was not there, unfortunately... I could try contacting them to see if they would "consent?" to the setting aside, but I guess only if I think I have a decent chance of beating this (I hope I do!)

Comment

Well, you do have a good chance because MIL are hopeless. http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...ave-won-7.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...-right-of.html

Their deeds of assignment are crap. Their assignment is iffy even if assigned "correctly" because it's only a right to sue which isn't really allowed.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X