• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Distance sale act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distance sale act

Hello everyone!

I had a bit of a problem. I wanted to buy a car from one of the websites. I rang the sales team and went trough all the questions and answers. I picked the car and I was given a quotation. The quotation included the car, extended warranty and delivery charge... it was £144/month. Based on those information I went ahead with it. The salesman conducted soft credit check and then he went to finance company. The finance company done full credit check and approved the finance....however! At this point I was told that my monthly repayment would be £177/month. I wasn't very happy about it, the salesman said that he doesn't know why it happened and he will call me back.
    Some time later on the same day he rang me and said that he made a mistake in calculating GFV of the car and that is why the repayment is different (he had a figure of £5500 and finance company gave £3800).
    Now I had a chat with senior manager and he was just rude and tried to blame me for not spotting the mistake on time. His excuse was that I knew the price from the website so I should have corrected his employee. He then admitted is their fault but there is nothing they can do.... so I am now left with a credit check, no car and possible struggle to get another vehicle as I only just applied for a finance.
    The manager said that we were not in a verbal contract and they don't have to honour the deal...
    Any suggestions? Any legal acts I can use to back this case?

Thanks
    Mack
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X