• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors letter: Mobile phone debt claim letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitors letter: Mobile phone debt claim letter

Hi I am looking for help I have received a court claim letter. I owed (o2 contract) approx £480 and basically the debt came from me wanting to cancel my contract due to bad reception and insufficient internet speeds, I tried to cancel the contract and send the phone back, they would not allow this. So, I did not pay it. This has gone on for maybe 3 years.

I have now received a summons for £650, I have no copies of the letter sent, although I have discussed this verbally with o2 and debt collection co. I have offered them £300 which they rejected. I have 14 days. DO you know, if I have a chance of winning this case? They did offer only a few months ago to allow me to pay £290 to settle, but now don't seem keen to even negotiate a discounted payment. Obviously I don't want to risk a CCJ I have a lot of debt but have avoided this upto now. I can admit liability, but if I do they will allow 6 months only to pay(£100 per month), my income and exp would not allow that amount, much less actually. Would a court make me pay that much? And obviously that would mean I have a CCJ? If I could raise some more funds say £500 surely they would accept that rather than wait another 2 years of small payments ?

Any help would be much appreciated!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X