• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suspended without evidence.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspended without evidence.

Hi all
    firstly what i am about to post is the complete truth im not going to mention names companies etc. I can say i am an aero engineer
    i am currently Suspended from work accused of certifieng work i did not complete. & falsification of company & aircraft records effectivly endangering an aircraft.
    these alergations were made by three people against me without evidence or proof as the paperwork was not available at the time. Three tasks are in question two of those tasks i was not involved in at all & i have not certified for those tasks, 2 other people have, as i have now found out. The other task i did carry out correctly in accordance with correct procedures & certified for. The problem is a colleague has come forward & said they saw me do something which would indicate i didnt carry out this task. This is a blatent lie. As this person was not even present. I was also suspended without evidence or proof as the paperwork still was not available. Just on the word of three people. & 6 days after the incedent.
    I beleave these alegations were made to deliberately endanger my career.
    what is the best cause of action? The real truth of the alegation is begining to emerge & im sure ill be aquitted & be back to work soon. But i cannot drop these attacks against me. What is the best course of action?
    Tags: None

Re: Suspended without evidence.

Originally posted by Marc1t View Post
    Hi all
    firstly what i am about to post is the complete truth im not going to mention names companies etc. I can say i am an aero engineer
    i am currently Suspended from work accused of certifieng work i did not complete. & falsification of company & aircraft records effectivly endangering an aircraft.
    these alergations were made by three people against me without evidence or proof as the paperwork was not available at the time. Three tasks are in question two of those tasks i was not involved in at all & i have not certified for those tasks, 2 other people have, as i have now found out. The other task i did carry out correctly in accordance with correct procedures & certified for. The problem is a colleague has come forward & said they saw me do something which would indicate i didnt carry out this task. This is a blatent lie. As this person was not even present. I was also suspended without evidence or proof as the paperwork still was not available. Just on the word of three people. & 6 days after the incedent.
    I beleave these alegations were made to deliberately endanger my career.
    what is the best cause of action? The real truth of the alegation is begining to emerge & im sure ill be aquitted & be back to work soon. But i cannot drop these attacks against me. What is the best course of action?
    Doing absolutely nothing! Retaliation of any kind will not help you, and may put you in peril.

Suspension is a neutral act to allow an investigation to take place without any risk of you interfering. So I hope that your information about the investigation has come from the official source and not by talking to colleagues - since you should not be speaking to anyone other than that person. So suspending you counts for nothing, and is not a black mark or a disciplinary action.

You can raise a grievance AFTER you are found to have not done these things if you wish. But it won't help. What you might call a lie is someone else's mistake. You will struggle to prove any malicious intent because you also have no evidence. So what is the employer to do. If people / colleagues truly believe that someone has failed to do a check that they must do, are they to remain silent about that? Obviously not. So what they have done, on the face of it, is what they should do. Unless you can then prove malice, then the employer would not only be wrong to punish them for something they genuinely believe to be a risk, but it would send entirely the wrong message to every employee - whistleblow and you will be punished!

Why would the people all want to endanger your career anyway? You would need to show that they have a desire to do this, and that they did it for such a reason.

TBH and with the best will in the world, without such evidence you will sound totally paranoid. So it reflects on you, not them.

I appreciate this is unpleasant for you, but since you are quite convinced that the evidence will exonerate you, then your best course of action would be to put it aside once it does. I can't see that trying to take it further will result in anything more than toy will already have, and could dig you a hole that you don't need to dig.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply Sangie.
      what you say makes a lot of sense. I have no issue with the companies decision.
      For the moment im just sitting on my hands. & you are right i may not be able to prove anything so doing nothing is good advice. Ill take that....
      But this Lie just doesnt sound like much of a mistake, mistakes are usually made hastely without propper thought or gudgement this 'mistake' was made 6 days after the aleged indecent. Yet it was so serious it could have endangered an aeroplane?
      it has cost me extra earnings in overtime, ruined my new year celabrations, i had leave booked to see my seriously ill parents, which i have had cancel & forfeit as part of suspension, & may seriously damage my credibility & integrity amongst my coleagues. Nothing can bring that back which is why i feel so upset about it. So thanks once again time to draw a line & move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc1t View Post
        Thank you very much for your reply Sangie.
        what you say makes a lot of sense. I have no issue with the companies decision.
        For the moment im just sitting on my hands. & you are right i may not be able to prove anything so doing nothing is good advice. Ill take that....
        But this Lie just doesnt sound like much of a mistake, mistakes are usually made hastely without propper thought or gudgement this 'mistake' was made 6 days after the aleged indecent. Yet it was so serious it could have endangered an aeroplane?
        it has cost me extra earnings in overtime, ruined my new year celabrations, i had leave booked to see my seriously ill parents, which i have had cancel & forfeit as part of suspension, & may seriously damage my credibility & integrity amongst my coleagues. Nothing can bring that back which is why i feel so upset about it. So thanks once again time to draw a line & move on.
        I do understand, and realise it's a hard decision to let go. But I respect the fact that you listened. Many people become so blinded that they can't hear anything. It isn't easy to believe that people make so many mistakes, no. But equally, how do you prove malice in their actions? If this was part of something ongoing, you would have said so. So it appears to have come out of nowhere. Hopefully, it will go back to that nowhere.

You should not have had to cancel your leave. If your parents are seriously ill I would suggest that you contact the investigating officer and ask for the leave to be reinstated and explain why. I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask that they do this in the circumstances. I can't imagine many employers would be so churlish as to refuse to allow leave to see ill parents.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X