• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How can I feel up my buyer? And why does the EA want to help him and not me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can I feel up my buyer? And why does the EA want to help him and not me?

To be honest it's put my mind at rest a lot but I feel uncomfortable having this information. I don't think I am supposed to be privy to his account statement from the solicitor.

Comment

Re: How can I feel up my buyer? And why does the EA want to help him and not me?

Right, so apparently the buyer has been into the solicitor this morning to show them his proof of whatever it is he has to prove that he has the money (sorry I cant remember what they called it).

And he has arranged for his wife to transfer it in her break at work today (which is exactly what he said last week and lo, here we still are).

I asked my solicitor to give them (his solicitor) a call later this afternoon if he could to see if the payment has arrived and he said itd be better to do it in the morning as we dont know when it has been sent and it could take a few hours, if he calls this afternoon and its not there then there will be more stress and worry which could be for nothing as it may just be on the way.

TBH Im not sure if its just because Im finding this whole thing massively stressful but Im not too happy with that response from him.
      Bookmark

I wish I could be more assertive but tbh I have been struggling a lot since losing my mum and I just dont feel I have any fight left in me at all.

Comment

Just read the typo in the thread title....obviously meant gee him up. Though feeling him up might get things moving a lot more I suppose....

Comment

lol

If the banks are part of the Faster Payments Service, the transfer should be effected on same day.
          Current participants here: http://www.fasterpayments.org.uk/abo...t-participants

To guarantee same day transfer the buyer should use CHAPS

In view of your letter the buyer should ensure the funds are with you today.
          IMO your solicitor needs reminding who is paying his bill.

Comment

Thank you for all the great advice here (as you can tell by the time I'm posting I'm lying here worrying sick about it again)

I just feel cross really with them as I feel they have taken advantage of me at my most vulnerable in order to make a quick buck for their landlord.

I also feel cross at myself for letting it get this far.

Comment

Don't feel annoyed or cross with yourself.
              When any of us is feeling low, (and the passing of a much loved parent is a good reason) , we are all likely to be taken advantage off.
              There is no shame in that.
              It is the shysters that need to be ashamed.
              It is comparatively easy for us third parties on this forum, to sit back and say "you should do this , that and the other".
              We are not emotionally involved, although often we have been there, and speak from experience.

When this episode is settled, just remember the good times.

Comment

He's still not paid and no one can get hold of him.

Time to pull the plug.

Comment

nooo

give them time, i kinow if must feel like everythings not going the right way, but its not that unusual for BTL landlords, its the agents that bneed chasing up, they get paid to do all this, and are supposed to be working for both sides.
                  crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Estate agents fees are paid by the seller, so EA's duty is to the seller.

It might not be unusual for BTL landlords to act this way, but that does not make it right.
                    They do it for their own convenience and because they can.
                    Individuals, in comparative terms, rarely sell houses and, are fearful of losing a sale (often because their next purchase is dependent on the sale)
                    This gives the BTL landlord the edge in any dealings, which they are quick to take advantage of.

As this is a bereavment sale, and presumably there is no subsequent purchase dependent upon it, I would as said before tell them the discount for early completion is no longer available and the price has reverted to the original.
                    I would also tell the estate agent the score,instruct him to continue marketing and let him know you are reviewing his instructions.
                    Meanwhile see if there is anyway out of any contract you have with him.

Comment

Well, I took the very good advice I had in this thread in particular *des8* thank you so much and told them I would require confirmation from the solicitor that it has indeed been paid today or I will require them to remarket it in the morning and the lower offer is off the table.
                      I have reviewed the contract and am bound to them solely for another month so also informed them if this hasn't satisfactorily progressed by then I will be instructing a new agent.

I do have a purchase dependant on it (long story) but earlier today my brother offered to loan me the money for this out of his business account until the estate was settled.

So I also managed to be assertive enough to let them know that I am through being taken advantage of and if they want their commission they will have to help me.

And guess what.......he paid within the hour and his solicitor will be contacting ours tomorrow to exchange and they are keen to complete ASAP.

I did find it a bit upsetting that such an arse is going to buy my family home but I suppose it's just bricks and mortar, the memories will always be mine.

Comment

Well done. just keep on top of them!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X