• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group VS Slee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRA Group VS Slee

Just putting my defence together then I'll post it here this evening for review if that's ok.

Thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by MintyUK View Post
      Just putting my defence together then I'll post it here this evening for review if that's ok.

Thanks all
      That's fine Minty!

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem, I'm hoping to get this put in tonight, Here is my first draft.

Defence

1: I received the claim xxxxxxxxfrom the Northampton County Court on 14/12/2016.

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim appears to be for a Credit Card agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from Barclays Bank to PRA Group (UK) Ltd on 17/08/2015. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

6. It is denied that Barclays Bank served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

7: On the 28/12/2016 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 18. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Deed of Assignment, Notice of Assignment, the default warning letter and the default notice.

8. On the 10/01/2017 the claimant replied stating they have requested the documentation from the original creditor and the matter has been placed on hold until they have it.

9. On the 13/01/2017 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Surgit Gida. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Deed of Assignment, Notice of assignment, the default warning letter and the Default Notice.

10. I am awaiting a reply from the Claimaints solicitor Surgit Gida.

11. On the 13/01/2017 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to PRA Group (UK) Limited pursuant to section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

12. I am awaiting a reply from the Claimant.

13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore It is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

14. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

15. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Comment

Are 10&12 ok as they are? Just looking at getting this sent in as deadline day tomorrow. Thanks all

Comment

Hi,

Finally finished my defence, hope it's right!

Minty

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT

CASE NUMBER: xxxxxxx

BETWEEN: PRA GROUP (UK) LIMITED AND XXXXX

1. I received the claim XXXXXX from the Northampton County
            Court on 14/12/2016.

2. Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case
            is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3. This claim appears to be for a Credit Card agreement regulated
            under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate
            information to enable me to properly assess my position with
            regards the claim.

5. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was
            assigned from Barclays Bank to PRA Group (UK) Ltd on 17/08/2015.
            The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

6. It is denied that Barclays Bank served any Default notice on
            the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The
            Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was
            served upon the Defendant.

7. On the 28/12/2016, I sent a request for inspection of documents
            mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil
            Procedure Rule 18 to XXXXXX. I requested the Claimant provide
            copies of the Agreement, Deed of Assignment, Notice of Assignment,
            the default warning letter and the default notice.

8. XXXXXX has not sent these documents to me.

9. On the 13/01/2017, I sent a request for inspection of
            documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under
            Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to XXXXXX. I requested the
            Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Deed of Assignment,
            Notice of assignment, the default warning letter and the Default
            Notice. I am awaiting a reply.

10. On the 13/01/2017 I sent a formal request for a copy of the
            original CCA agreement to PRA Group (UK) Limited pursuant to
            section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the
            statutory £1 fee. I am awaiting a reply.

12. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4). Where the claim includes
            a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any
            allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved
            unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is
            expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation
            that the money is owed as claimed.

13. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the
            necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case
            else the Claim should stand struck out.

14. In the event that the relevant documents are received from
            the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence,
            and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

15. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as
            claimed or at all.

Comment

Numbering is wrong (there's no para #11).

Para #10 says s77 CCA.
              This claim is for a credit card.
              What section of the CCA did you put on the CCA request?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                Numbering is wrong (there's no para #11).

Para #10 says s77 CCA.
                This claim is for a credit card.
                What section of the CCA did you put on the CCA request?
                Hi Charity, I just submitted my defence as I wanted to get some sleep before tomorrow. I put sections 77-79, I hope its good enough..

Comment

Hi All

Just wanted to update the situation. The claim has now been allocated to the small claims court. PRA stated they agree to mediation. I did the same and returned the directions form along with copies to the claimant.

I have to be able to answer yes to the three questions before it can take place.

The problem being, Q2 asks if I have enough information about the claim and do not need further evidence before the appointment.

So far PRA Group have only sent me the doc at the start of this thread. They haven't provided anything I asked for in both the CPR31 & CPR 18 requests I sent them. They have acknowledged receipt of these requests though.

I'm going to email the mediation group stating that I am unable to mediate due to lack of information.

Is this correct? What do I do next? They haven't provided the docs as requested

Thanks

Minty
                  Last edited by MintyUK; 20th February 2017, 15:40:PM.

Comment

Hi Minty

Has Mediation Service contacted you, or are you just preempting things?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

They emailed me today, I need to reply to them via email. Thanks

Comment

Ok

Just tell them that, to date, the Claimant has not disclosed all of the requested documentation.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Will do, thanks Charity

Comment

Hi

i just had a reply from PRA Group stating that:

We are obliged to inform you that, as we have been unable to comply with your request for information within the prescribed timeframe, your debt is currently deemed unenforceable, and will remain as such, until we are able to fully comply with our obligations.

I'm taking this a being good news for me. Just wondered what to do next?

Thanks

Mjnty

Comment

Originally posted by MintyUK View Post
                              i just had a reply from PRA Group stating that:

We are obliged to inform you that, as we have been unable to comply with your request for information within the prescribed timeframe, your debt is currently deemed unenforceable, and will remain as such, until we are able to fully comply with our obligations.

I'm taking this a being good news for me. Just wondered what to do next?
                              It's good news in a way but it's not the end of the matter.

It seems from your post on 20th February that you planned to reject Mediation so did you do that?

If so the next step would be for NCCBC to send you a Notice of Transfer to your local court.

After that you will receive a Notice of Hearing with Directions which will include the hearing date (obviously) and the deadline for filing Witness Statements.

The court remains in charge of the timetable.

The Trial date will depend on your area and that court's backlog.

You've received a letter from PRA which says they haven't got your CCA (so not complied with your s.78 Request) at this moment in time. That doesn't mean they won't come up with it or an acceptable reconstituted version by the time this case gets to Trial.

I'm not being a party pooper, I'm just telling you straight what lies ahead in order to manage your expectations

Di

Comment

Hi Di

many thanks for you reply.

i didn't go to mediation as I didn't have any supporting documentation from PRA to a defend myself. It was one of the 3 questions the mediation team put out that I had to be able to say yes to, so that mediation could take place.

I also put a SAR request into Barclays and they sent me all the docs that they have. It's just sheets of payments, made between 2012-2013. No CCA etc

Regards

Minty

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X