• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group VS Slee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRA Group VS Slee

Hi All

Many thanks for all your replies. I'll send them a CCA request as suggested. Should I also send them a cpr31 at the same time? I'll be putting my defence together this weekend as it has to be in by the 16th. One thing, surely there would be some sort of assignment from egg to Barclaycard of the alleged debt?

I actually rang Barclaycard to check what they had and the records only go back to 2011. They couldnt provide anything apart from saying they received some payments from me

Comment

Dear Di,
      No it was not my claim, that's why I cannot give too much detail here, but would be happy to discuss in private if it would help anyone.
      Yes. you are quite right, the claim was discontinued.
      The defence templates used were from the .gov website, I just pasted a little on here.
      It was the exchange of witness statements to do with default notices and dates where the phone call was made which concluded the whole issue.
      I can say that the amount was 19k +costs.
      Hope this clarifies for you,

Sam.

Comment

I think I'm right in saying there should have been a default notice and assignment of debt (Land & Property Act 1925, 136) from Egg to Barclay.
        PRA have been known not to acknowledge the £1 and to re-send a reconstituted CA, as 'information or documentation requested'.

Comment

Ok I'm sending a cca to PRA and a copy to their solicitor (same address). I'm also going to send a cpr31 then I'll put my defence together and submit it once I check with you all that it's ok.

Many thanks for all your contributions, much appreciated

Minty

Comment

wait you are confusing timings by the look of it, let somebody recap on what you are doing, defence why? how can you do one same time as requesting documents? if time for defence and you HAVE requested documents then you would say documents not received??

Comment

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply. I sent them a cpr18 request originally as the amount is under £5k. They replied yesterday stating they are requesting the docs from the original creditor. I'll just sent the cca request for now then if the cpr18 is ok

Comment

Originally posted by MintyUK View Post
                Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply. I sent them a cpr18 request originally as the amount is under £5k. They replied yesterday stating they are requesting the docs from the original creditor. I'll just sent the cca request for now then if the cpr18 is ok
                Hi Minty

No harm in also sending a CPR 31.14 request to the sols.
                Just tweak your defence to read ".....sent to (sols) on (date) & awaiting a reply."
                Better to include it in the defence now (at this stage) so that you can argue possible non-compliance later. (If it gets that far)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Charity. Thanks, I'll send the cpr31 to the solicitor along with a copy of the cca request

Comment

Hi Minty

Was there PPI attached to the agreement? ( [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] hinted at this earlier)
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I actually rang Barclaycard to check what they had and the records only go back to 2011. They couldnt provide anything apart from saying they received some payments from me
                      I'd be inclined to send a Subject Access Request to Barclaycard so you know what they've got in their files/database. They must comply with a SAR despite being less than forthcoming on the phone to you.

If Barclays genuinely have no documentation or information on your account from inception then PRA won't be able to get it from them either

Di

Comment

Originally posted by samuwell View Post
                        Dear Di,
                        No it was not my claim, that's why I cannot give too much detail here, but would be happy to discuss in private if it would help
                        There's no need to discuss in private with me.

I wasn't concerned about the details, I was saying that no two claims are alike which is especially relevant since your sample case was in the Fast Track where things such as Disclosure are managed in a different way.

Our conversation may have been a distraction from what the OP needs to get done quickly since their Defence filing deadline is imminent.

Di

Comment

Hi

No PPI as far as I can see, I'll double check

I'll send a SAR to Barclays as your right Di,they were very vague on the telephone!

Posted everything off today so I feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Many thanks

Minty

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                            There's no need to discuss in private with me.

I wasn't concerned about the details, I was saying that no two claims are alike which is especially relevant since your sample case was in the Fast Track where things such as Disclosure are managed in a different way.

Our conversation may have been a distraction from what the OP needs to get done quickly since their Defence filing deadline is imminent.

Di
                            That was not my intention, I'll be off now.
                            Good luck to Minty.

Comment

Samuwell
                              I Appreciate your assistance
                              Regards
                              Minty

Comment

Posted everything off today so I feel like I'm getting somewhere.
                                That's the general idea

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X