• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons / Capquest Shop Direct Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons / Capquest Shop Direct Claim

sults per page: 205010050010001500All (2000)
    «1»

Comment

Originally posted by sytra View Post
      @MIKE770

I did see this, but Arrow Global Limited 718754 don't have Capquest Listed as a trading name with the FCA, and Arrow Global Group doesn't exist on the FCA register.
      Arrow Global acquired Capquest 2014 giving the a port folio of accounts £4 billion +

nem

Comment

I don't understand this properly, all I can see is Capquest Investments Limited (the claimant) their FCA licence 625156 has lapsed, yes I see they state on their paperwork that they are administered by Arrow Global Limited licence number 718754 but from what the FCA said in their email Capquest should be registered as a trading name on the register which they are not. Not as far as I can see anyway, but I am only trying to figure things out as I go!

Comment

hope you are not going to rely on this subject as a court argument??/

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          sults per page: 205010050010001500All (2000)
          «1»

taken from this FCA site states interim licence

Comment

No we have a defence sorted (kind of) just confused by the FCA licencing, and IF it gives more ammo then all well and good, the post above you say says interim licence is for Capquest Debt Recovery Ltd, the claim has been brought by Capquest Investments Ltd Lapsed

Comment

see 32 above

Comment

sure if it were a problem the Llp!s on here would of picked the subject up and used in court, but they have never reported on the said subject so it would suggest non competent issue?? just a thought!

Comment

Fair do's, like i say I am learning bits and pieces as I go along, things have changed a lot since I last had to do anything like this.

Comment

It would appear that the FCA are inviting you to send further info in order for them to investigate; if it were me, I would.

Your defence is not due until 12th Feb if the court claim issue date was 10th Jan.
                    (Actually, as 12th Feb is a Sunday, Monday 13th 4pm latest)
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I don't understand this properly, all I can see is Capquest Investments Limited (the claimant) their FCA licence 625156 has lapsed, yes I see they state on their paperwork that they are administered by Arrow Global Limited licence number 718754 but from what the FCA said in their email Capquest should be registered as a trading name on the register which they are not. Not as far as I can see anyway, but I am only trying to figure things out as I go!
                      The FCA changed the way the company licences are allocated.

Capquest was acquired by AG in 2014, and act as an " Authorised Representative" of AG. So Capquest is covered by AG's licence.

There's a few errors in the " interim " register the FCA take over of the OFT's functions is still a long process.

nem

I think you should not let this overtake the fact you have a claim issued against you.

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
                        Don't worry, it's just a little thing I didn't know at the time if it was important or not, as has been pointed out its pretty insignificant.

As for the claim, Restons have until monday to comply with my 2nd CPR 31.14 request, so can't do too much till next week. Draft defence is done and ready to be amended if needed, all I can do now is try and figure out anything else I can fire off at them.

Comment

It is wise to wait until closer to the deadline before filing your defence in case they do respond, &/or go for the extension.

Have you ever SAR'd SDFS?
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

@nemesis45
                            Don't worry, it's just a little thing I didn't know at the time if it was important or not, as has been pointed out its pretty insignificant.

As for the claim, Restons have until monday to comply with my 2nd CPR 31.14 request, so can't do too much till next week. Draft defence is done and ready to be amended if needed, all I can do now is try and figure out anything else I can fire off at them.
                            I would not put much importance on the CPR request tbh it's the agreement not being provided that renders the debt unenforceable ( until an agreement or an reconstituted one is supplied)

nem

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] Yes SAR SD according to them only 1 agreement with SDFS, acc was sold as SDFS and Capquest reference SDFS in all but the latest letters. No mention in the logs of any assignment apart from at the end to Capquest. We are not filing the defence until saturday 11th (this way if we cant get online highly likely where we live, it can be posted by special delivery)

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] I only did a 2nd CPR as they "claimed" like usual that they didn't mention the contract or assignment in the poc.

Comment

From what we have read on various threads and true to form Reston's have not responded to either of the CPR 31 requests, nor asked for more time to receive documents and file a defence, so looks as though the defence is going to be posted via mcol friday after 4pm, that way if for some reason we can't get online (the benefits or disadvantages of living in the middle of nowhere) it can be posted first thing Sat special delivery.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X