• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Found a CCJ on credit check from 2015 on an address I haven't used since 2006

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a CCJ on credit check from 2015 on an address I haven't used since 2006

Hi,
    Bit of a shock, I have read through and I know I will have to send an N244 form, but I'm confused by what I need to include with it, is a witness statement enough or do you have to also include a draft order and defence. If so any advice on what to put?

The story is, I went to uni, finished 2002, had tonnes of debt, the debt in question seems to be from co-op which I presume was my smile account. They put an overdraft on to cover a transaction that had been charged twice, a seller at xmas time in Bluewater around 2006 had sold me some bits, used chip and pin but the paper ran out, so she reloaded put some more paper in and did it signed for, she assured me I wouldn't be charged twice but I was, Smile was no help and refused to refund the other payment. Therefore about a £300 debt was left around that time. I moved house from my parents to a flat and didn't continue to pay or inform Smile of the move.

So 2006-2009 I was in my new flat but monitoring post to my old address as it was my parents address. 2009 I moved to a bungalow, still monitoring post but nothing but threatening letters from various DCA's.

After 2012 I started asking my mum to return to sender any letter with my name as they would be considered Statute barred.

Fast forward to today and I find out on a credit check that I have a CCJ from October 2015 for £502 from Lowell portfolio Ltd on behalf of Co-op bank. Obviously I hadn't seen it as I presumed that I had no enforceable debt liable otherwise I would have kept an eye out for letters. I had made sure to look out for any letters like that over the 6 year period.

The funny thing is Smile had charged me probably in the region of 30+ £35 unpaid direct debit fees and obviously I couldn't claim those back as they would have been past the 6 year mark, so they probably owe me money if anything.

Thanks
    Martin
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X