• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest Chasing Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest Chasing Debt

Hello,

I need some information on how to proceed with Capquest.
    They are chasing me for a debt I *may* owe for close to £1000.

Not sure as I thought all old debts were paid in full
    They have been bugging me for a few months.

I asked them to prove debt and so far they have sent a credit agreement which does look like my signature (or like it looked 15 years ago which is how old debt is).
    They claim I made payments to the initial lender 4 years ago.
    They also sent me a statement of account(?) showing all payments made which do agree with their timing provided for payments.

I asked for 'Notice of assignment', 'Default Notice' and 'Formal Demand' which they say they will send except for the Default Notice as this no longer exists (they say the lender does not have it).

Can I legally insist they provide these documents or should I just accept I owe the debt and make payment to get rid of them.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Capquest Chasing Debt

Hi TheNexus & welcome to LB.

Have Cq sent you a written Letter Before Claim? (One that says if you do not respond, they will go to court).

Also, send a SAR to the original creditor.
    That should get you all your data on this alleged debt.
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ur-information
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I don't want to do a SAR as it is money I cannot afford. I am on ESA and every penny counts at the moment
      The letters seem really polite and no threats of court so far.
      They just ask me to make payment and give various options to do so.
      I have phoned them a couple of times asking them to prove the debt to me.
      The first they just send statement of account.
      The second they ignored so I wrote to them asking them to prove it and send me the documents mentioned above.

Comment

Hi Nexus

IMHO
        As this is at the "You owe us money" (them)....."Prove it" (you) stage, if it were me I wouldn't make any 'legal' demands just yet.
        That may trigger a court claim.
        Use your legal ammo if (or when) a court claim is made.
        & don't phone them; everything should be in writing (with proof of posting), & only when necessary to do so.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks very much. I will wait for their next letter and see how it goes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X