• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howard Cohen pursuing pre 2007 BarclayCard Debt small claims or fast track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Howard Cohen pursuing pre 2007 BarclayCard Debt small claims or fast track

Originally posted by Pedders View Post
    I did send the CCA request back in 2015 and they sent back a load of rubbish ...unfortunately I dont think I can find it as I've moved offices since then
    I see.

In which case you may have some difficulty in proving you sent one to Barclays in 2015.

Maybe it's wise to send a new CCA Request asap to protect your legal position. Send it Royal Mail Recorded Delivery to Howard Cohen so they know it's been sent. Normally I would say send it to the creditor (Hoist) but since proceedings have started you can send it to their instructed solicitors.

Sending the CCA Request won't halt the proceedings but it may make them focus a bit more and hopefully realize this claim won't be a walk in the park which is what they're expecting.

I'm glad we've had this little chat which has flagged up some issues which you can hopefully straighten out before things get allocated to your local county court

Di

Comment

thanks for your help ...really appreciate it
      I sent a cca request yesterday to Cohens via recorded delivery as well as the CPR
      is there anything else I need to do now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedders View Post
        I'm not sure of the exact age of the barclaycard account but its probably 1995
        That's encouraging.

Roughly speaking what was the 'rubbish' Barclays sent you? Was it a recon of your agreement/application with some random Ts & Cs?

Di

Comment

Yes I'm pretty sure it was a recon agreement and some T&Cs ..certainly nothing that stood out as being compliant

Comment

its well past the 7 days and I've heard nothing back from Howard Cohen the directions questionaire needs to go in by the third of Feb ....any advice on next step would be much appreciated
            Last edited by Pedders; 26th January 2017, 18:17:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X