• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

APS financial blocking all complaints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APS financial blocking all complaints

HI,

In Aug 2015, I took out a Mastercard Credit Builder with APS Financial. I set up a monthly standing order with my bank to run from Sep 2015 to automatically cancel after the final monthly payment of £4.95 in Aug 2016.

I had no intention of ever 'topping up' this card and destroyed it after 3-4 months.

Upon checking my credit report in November, I became aware that APS financial had sent information that i was over 1 month late with my payments, which had a significant bearing on my credit rating.

I contacted APS 4 times by telephone to query this and received the following responses
    : log into the members area (i could not do this, i needed my card number which i destroyed). It was then my fault for destroying the card and nothing they could do.
    : read the terms and conditions, we do not have to contact you if you fall into arrears
    : although you set the standing order up to start in Sep 2015, we did not start collecting till Nov 2016 so you are 2 months in arrears, again my fault for not checking my bank account.
    : this is your 4th call on this. we do not have to contact you whatsoever, read your terms and conditions.

I then sent 2 emails to complaints. Both replys were one sentence. 'This is our link to the financial ombudsman'

I raised a dispute with Experian. Aps refused to amend or discuss it with them

I contacted the Financial Ombudsman. same outcome.

Where do I stand on this?

I set up a 12 month standing order. Aps collected 2 months after they stated they would (email deleted), which means I was 2 payments late. Aps never tried to contact myself in any way or form to allow myself to bring this back in order.

All attempts to resolve with them hit a brick wall. read my terms and conditions, members area etc etc.

They refuse to speak to credit reference agencies or even the financial ombudsman.

Can a company put a 1+ month late on your credit report without contacting you to state you are in arrears? without checking my credit report it would now be 4 months and a possible default.

I have never missed a single payment for 18 months on any of my cards since a relationship break-up put into bad credit. I was getting it back in to a good order and feel aggrieved the way aps have handled this from start to finish.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

poolierob
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X