• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Receieved a claim wrong name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receieved a claim wrong name

Hello, I have received a claim for an amount I owe a supplier, I dont dispute this, but have not had any statements or reminders from the supplier, only a letter from Thomas Higgins Solicitors promptly followed by the claim over the christmas holiday period, returning from holiday to find both, this is especially annoying as I would have paid by return had the supplier contacted me, instead I have the claim and all the associated costs.
    My question is regarding the claim form itself, it has come with a different Ltd companies name on it, the name is partially correct and the address is my address but the company it states is a actual Ltd company not associated with me.
    How is a judgement registered to a company? what happens if a judgement is registered to the other named company?
    I am going to pay the amount in full but Im unhappy with the way Thomas Higgins have done this, is there anything that can be done to null and void this claim and the costs?
    Tags: None

Re: Receieved a claim wrong name

If the name of the company is wrong then they need to amend the claim as it would not be registered against the correct company.

Is the registered company address your home address or some other address? And was the claim form sent to your home address or the registered one?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi thanks for replying, Im a sole trader so I dont have a registered company address in the same way as a Ltd company does. The address on the claim is my home/ business correspondence address

Comment

Will this need to have the correct name on the claim form for it to be valid? I am going to pay the owed amount in full plus the reasonable costs of the original letter, but feel that the way this progressed so quickly over the christmas holiday period did not allow time to respond to the original letter, therefore I am not happy with paying the extra costs involved with the court claim.
        My question is will thomas higgins have to issue a new court claim in the correct name? Will it null and void the incorrectly named claim? If I have paid the amounts owed on the pre claim letter beforehand they cannot issue a claim? Will I have to pay the costs from the wrongly named claim?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X