• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge at Nuffield Health - MET

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge at Nuffield Health - MET

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone could help. I received a parking charge from MET at the weekend through the post. The reason is: Out of bay. I got it from a Nuffield Health Gym car park. I've been parked in the same spot for several years now and never had any problems or charges until now. The reason I don't park in a bay is down to me having a very large van. If I used the bay I wouldn't get in between the lines and with the length of the van it would be sticking out causing a obstruction. I thought with me having no charges before the warden understood this but clearly not.

It says on the sign "Vehicles must park within the marked bays and not park in such a way as to cause obstruction to others" In my case I would've caused a obstruction but the space I always parked in I never caused a obstruction.

It's registered as a company vehicle with the DVLA so they have no names, even though it is my company.

I've been told to just ignore the charge but thought it would be best to see if I have a case with me not being able to use a bay in the first place.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Parking charge at Nuffield Health - MET

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...521#post636521

Met, at the moment, do not do court, which makes ignoring possible. I'd rather run through appeals and complaints to kill it now than wait 6 years for any claim to become statute barred.

M1

Comment

Thanks for your reply. If I appealed and I have no success does that change the circumstances of me ignoring it after if I lose the appeal?

Comment

No. Popla decisions are only binding on the parking company.

M1

Comment

Just an update on this I'm receiving letters from a debt collection agency now and the fine has shot up to £160. I did appeal to popla but they refused and still said I have to pay the charge.

Debt collectors are threatening court action. Is this just a scare tactic? And are MET still not going down the court route? I'm guessing I'm going to have a knock on the door soon or do I just get threatening letters for several years like I'm getting now?

Appreciate any help and advice

Comment

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_P..._Services.html Still none.

It'll probably go up to about £1897596539750123756 before they reduce it to £100 or so again in an effort to make you so relieved you pay the £100 toot sweet.

I have never heard of a knock on the door for this, ever.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X