• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrong rubbish day fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong rubbish day fine

Hi
    I put my rubbish out on the wrong day
    Admitted it was my bags
    Got a fine sent out for £80
    Please can you advice
    Tags: None

Re: Wrong rubbish day fine

is there any right to appeal on the paperwork or the councils website?

Comment

I thought this had been scrapped?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/609...rules-scrapped

Fly tipping on the other hand is a criminal offence

Comment

My bin day is Thursday
        I put green bags out, food bags out and the rubbish bag out, I got fined for the rubbish bag as it was the wrong day
        And they collect the rubbish late on the Thursdays.. Friday morning the black bags were still there when they came along with there camera 10:30am Friday following day .. I would have bought the bags back in. As soon as I woke up or left the house..

I am so stressed

Comment

Thank you both for your reply
          I spoke to to the enforcement team they said pay the fine,

I did read that article
          About the fines being scrapped

Comment

Originally posted by Cardiff View Post
            Thank you both for your reply
            I spoke to to the enforcement team they said pay the fine,

I did read that article
            About the fines being scrapped
            Are they not scrapped then where you are for some reason?
            Does the letter about the fine state 'putting rubbish out on the wrong day' or does it mention fly tipping at all?

Comment

It's says on letter
              Fixed penalty notice I commuted offence under the environmental protection act 1990 section 87 waste deposited causing and contributing to litter £80

Comment

I may be wrong but that looks like fly tipping to me and that's how they can justify the penalty

Comment

Were the bags still on your property?

Comment

Blimey, seems a bit harsh, sorry not au fair with your particular area. Had the days for collection been changed post Christmas? Do they always collect late evening? I don't know if that would make a difference but worth mentioning?
                    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

My opinion they are fining for fly tipping, but I may be wrong.
                      a case here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...g-day-outside/, but the lady put her rubbish in front of another property.

Comment

If this is In Cardiff they have raked in big thousands in these fines Google it for info

Comment

when is this country going to grow up, run by idiots and administered by idiots, Oh! do not let a very small part of a black bag show thru the lid of bin says it all! then silly big labels telling you so

then there was cut back on till rolls to save paper = Bank/supermarkets till roll length tripled with item listed then a lot of gobbly supermarket adverts

Then came the 5p bag charges = customer pays twice as in the 70s/80s+ 5 pence of every sale in the price included packaging charge & plastic was a unavoidable waste bye product of Oil.

Comment

MIKE But they are clever idiots they went to public schools and Oxbridge!

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                              MIKE But they are clever idiots they went to public schools and Oxbridge!

enough said then lol mind you seeing the Home Secretary says it all!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X