• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim over £1000.00

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court claim over £1000.00

We received it from the Claimant,in 03.11 we receive an email from Thomas Higgins requesting payment and we answered it stating that we arent liable to pay it.

I was looking for a template about Part 18,I will send anyway to them tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mcqk007 View Post
      I still can send CPR18?I dont have so much time left.
      There is no Quick Fix for a county court claim of £15k.

The claim Issue Date dictates the next stage which is to file your Defence 33 days later.

It's now been established that your business invoiced the Claimant which may (may not) have created a legal contract between you both.

Without sight of the paperwork I can't say for sure.

Why did you issue the invoice and not Third Party Garage who actually carried out the work?

Di

Comment

I was looking for a template about Part 18,I will send anyway to them tomorrow.
        With respect, a generic template letter (Part 18) is not the same as a Part 18 application.

Neither is a CPR 31.14 generic template letter.

Either/both needs to be bespoke to your particular legal situation and the POC.

This is not a Consumer Credit Act situation (from what you say).

Di

Comment

Because the Third Party invoiced us and we invoice on their behalf,things you do without thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you,I start panic now.....No idea in what to do.
          On the back of the Claim says " if you send the acknowledgement of service you must send a defence to the court to arrive no later than 28 days from the date of service."

Comment

Because the Third Party invoiced us and we invoice on their behalf,things you do without thinking.

Thank you,I start panic now.....No idea in what to do.
            No need to panic

The good thing is you've started to analyse the situation in order to discover whether you may be 'in the frame' for this claim.

But that doesn't mean by a long shot that you'll have to ultimately pay up.

This is why I kept referring to the potential of joining Third Party Garage into the legal proceedings (Part 20). This may not be appropriate but at least explore that legal option.

Is there any personal/family connection between you and Third Party Garage?

Di

Comment

Nope,any connection at all.

Comment

Because the Third Party invoiced us and we invoice on their behalf
                Did the Claimant pay you for that invoice you sent them?

Do you have a copy of that invoice and does it refer to work carried out by you or work carried out by Third Party Garage (named) on your behalf?

Do you have a copy of the invoice which Third Party Garage sent to you? Does it state the work they carried out?

Did you pay Third Party Garage for the invoice they sent you?

Were the two invoices (Third Party Garage to you, and your invoice to the Claimant) for the same amount?

Was there VAT on either/both of them?

Di

Comment

Hi Di,
                  The Claimant didn't pay for it so we didnt pass the money over to the Third Part.
                  Yes,we have the Invoices.
                  An observation, the Third Part didn't work on our behalf. The Invoice sent by the Third Part has the name of the place and the dates.
                  And yes,was the same amount.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X