• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN peel centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN peel centre

Can someone check if this PCN is POFA compliant? @mystery1 perhaps.
    photo not seeming to add properly try the links

also wondering if not being the driver and the driver being a foreign resident from china makes any difference (i have a name and address for them in China).
    Last edited by PadRock; 8th January 2017, 02:28:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: PCN peel centre

So you have a PCN that is not compliant with POFA (as Excel usually don't) and it is asking you to give the name and address of the driver. Feel free to do that. That will really get up the **** of Excel but you have complied and therefore can have no liability. But then you had no liability anyway but you can really start chasing Excel if they try to continue this any more.

I'm sure Excel would not be interested in raising a court claim in China.

Comment

I deleted the links as your personal information was still on them.

However, to answer the question, no it's not. Various reasons such as the wording required is missing but it's also late. Sent on at least 29th and the 2nd working day after this is the 3rd. I make that day 15.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

Para 9.

M1

Comment

Any proposed courses of action then in this specific circumstance?

Comment

Either name the driver now and hope they file it in the "too hard" pile or follow http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...533#post636533 and if that doesn't work ignore unless/until a letter before action turns at which time i'd name the driver which screws them (but might not stop them trying a court claim anyway).

M1

Comment

Ignoring the driver issue, the request is not POFA compliant on wording, it arrived on the 3rd January which is 2nd working day after it was postmarked (29th) and 17 days after the day after the alleged offence (17th). Do I respond simply saying their PCN is not valid stating the grounds POFA 9.2 e & f statements missing and outside the relevant time period, and not even mention drivers.

Should I wait until close to the 28 day limit to prevent them sending a corrected PCN before emailing them?

Comment

Do I respond simply saying their PCN is not valid stating the grounds POFA 9.2 e & f statements missing and outside the relevant time period, and not even mention drivers.
              I usually just say it's non compliant as the link i posted shows. More detail is just extra typing, makes very little difference in the grand scheme of things.

Should I wait until close to the 28 day limit to prevent them sending a corrected PCN before emailing them?
              Without a time machine, correction is impossible.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X