• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP : Fine to pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP : Fine to pay

I was caught stealing a product from txmaxx, which was £4. I was taken to a room in the back and asked for ID, i didnt have any but the guy said he didnt want to call the police for something minor but he might have to. The product was returned to them. They took down my name and address(i had to show proof of my address or they would call the police) i signed a letter showing i was banned for 12 months. I was told i would receive a letter from RLP stating how much i had to pay, in which i would have to pay over the phone, if i didnt pay, "baliffs and such" would have to get involved(i was told because it was so small the fine would be small and around £30, which i wouldnt mind paying but i dont beleive). I then left.
    My questions are
    -Will the fine have to pay be alot
    -Should i ignore
    -If i ignore will they call the police which means i would get a record which would show up on a crb
    -Would a debt collector getting involed result in something showing up on my crb/ at my door

Help would be appreciated,thanks
    Tags: None

Re: RLP : Fine to pay

Hi and welcome to LB

First up, any demand from RLP is not a fine.
    It is an unwarranted demand for money, a speculative invoice.

Police were not involved, and will not now be involved.
    There will be no court action, civil or criminal

Bailiffs will not be involved.
    They only come into play after a court case.
    Debt collectors might eventua;lly write you a letter or two, but they have as much authority as RLP, which is zilch.

Ignore all RLP letters, even those written in red ink.
    In this country we have the rule of law, which does not include firms like RLP
    There are many threads here on LB and elsewhere on the internet, all saying IGNORE.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X