• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Need advice re Pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice re Pay

I was due to get paid today as i get paid on the 7th of every month. However i got made redundant on Wednesday with immediate effect, after working there since May 2015. In my contract is states there is a 4 week notice period to be given by me employer and it states i get paid on 7th of every month. 3 existing staff who are currently employed have been paid today but a the few who got made redundant have not been paid. I raised the query with the MD and he responded that all the staff, old and existing, will be paid Monday as the 7th falls on a weekend. Clearly he has lied as I'm aware existing members of staff have been paid today. What rights do i have? Is this a breach of contract? And I'm also aware he has to give me notice of atleast the statutory 1 week notice for redundancy?
    Tags: None

Re: Need advice re Pay

To be honest I wouldn't worry to much about the move to Monday, I hate it when pay day falls on a Saturday, especially bank holiday weekends!

You are contracted for 4 weeks notice. I believe this is still required therfore you should be getting pay in lieu of notice.

Comment

Thank you. The MD is known for not paying members of staff he makes redundant from their jobs.

Comment

Have you previously been paid when the 7th has fallen on a weekend? I don't think there is anything you can do until after Monday - the explanation is reasonable at the moment. I agree with you it doesn't sound great if your MD is known for not paying people, so understand this weekend is going to be a bit stressful. If you aren't paid on Monday then you should get in contact with ACAS. Does the MD have a habit of making people redundant just before they have worked there for 2 years?

You should be paid for your contractual 4 weeks notice period. The statutory notice period would only apply if you had a shorter contractual period than the statutory.

[MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION]
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will wait until Monday but where the 7th has previously fell on a weekend he has always paid us the friday before. In regards to my 4 week statutory notice, if he witholds pay. What options do i have? He has paid members of staff who are still employed there and yes, he does have the habit of making jobs redundant before 2 years is nearly due.

Comment

So start calculating how much you are due to be paid. Salaty + holiday pay + redundancy pay. If it doesn't arrive Monday then ask why.

Comment

Thanks. I will wait until Monday.

Comment

Hi guy's. Just a quick update. As suspected, the wages have still not been paid. I have attempted to contact the MD but he's ignoring me and the others who are due their wages.

Comment

Sorry if this post is a bit late and you have already finally been paid. However if you have not then you are entitlement to your contractual notice plus any pro rata holiday entitlement not taken up to the time you were made redundant.

I suggest working out what these payments are gross as they will be subject to your normal tax and NI deductions. You then need to put this in writing to him and requesting immediate payment together with your final payslip and P45.
                  If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
                  If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X