• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Financial employment dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial employment dispute

I was employed by a company called Elysium Communications LTD and started at the end of July 2016. After a couple of months I decided that it wasn't the right job for me, so I left to find another job. When I joined Elysium Communications, I had signed a contract of employment with them but they also asked me to sign another document, which stated that if I left within a year I would be responsible for paying an amount of money that covered their training expenses for me. I thought this seemed strange and I did query this and was told that if I didn't sign it then I wouldn't be able to start the job. When I resigned I received an email from them saying they accepted my resignation and that I would need to pay the expenses as I had left within the year. I then received a County Court letter stating that I would be able to pay the amount in installments which suited me because at the time I was between jobs & I could only ever pay in installments. Since then I have become employed on a part-time basis on a low wage & I also have provided proof of my earnings to them. I didn't receive any reply for over 3 months. Then on the 5th of January I received a County Court judgement letter stating that the claimant (Elysium Communications) has objected to the rate of payment that I have offered and that I must pay the full amount of £1024.30 by the 30th of January 2017. The letter does not say why they have objected. I tried to phone the court office as I cannot afford to pay the full amount. I couldn't speak to anyone other than an automated message telling me to contact a lawyer for any legal advice relating to the case.
    Can you please provide me with advice as I don't know what to do next and am extremely worried about the whole situation.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X